Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UC Football 2013 ("The Afterthought Athletic Conference")

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

UC Football 2013 ("The Afterthought Athletic Conference")

Season starts in less than a month now.

My only hope is that they, somehow, manage to deny Louisville a BCS bowl slot in their last year before heading out the door.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Likes:

Boss-Hog (08-06-2013),cumberlandreds (08-01-2013),dougdirt (08-01-2013),WVRed (08-02-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: UC Football 2013 ("The Afterthought Athletic Conference")

I'll be there for every one of them, just as I have for the last six seasons and will be again next year.

UC has the leadership in place to secure the life raft. It's just my hope that the conference situation won't overshadow what should be another 10+ win season.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

5. Likes:

dougdirt (08-01-2013),Slyder (08-02-2013),wolfboy (08-01-2013)

I have high expectations for this years team. Offense should be solid but my main concern is the secondary. One injury could be really bad. Not a lot of depth in that group.

As awful as the league as a whole will likely be, that December 5 game against Louisville could be really fun if both teams have the types of season they're expecting to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    As awful as the league as a whole will likely be, that December 5 game against Louisville could be really fun if both teams have the types of season they're expecting to have.
    It would be tremendously satisfying to take Louisville's BCS slot and (if I dare to dream) ruin Teddy Bridgewater's Heisman campaign all at once.

9. Likes:

nmculbreth (08-04-2013),wolfboy (08-02-2013)

Rolled Purdue today.

Every time I watch Munchie Legaux play, I sincerely hope that I never have to see him take a snap again. He's just awful (but, then again, so is the AAC based on this weekend's results), and I can't understand at all what the coaching staff sees in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Rolled Purdue today.

Every time I watch Munchie Legaux play, I sincerely hope that I never have to see him take a snap again. He's just awful (but, then again, so is the AAC based on this weekend's results), and I can't understand at all what the coaching staff sees in him.
    His mechanics give me a migraine. That being said, they still managed to steamroll a B1G team even though Munchie threw 2 INT and had less than 200 passing yards. I'll take it (although I hope CTT goes with Kay for the rest of the season). I loved the versatility in the running game; defense looked tremendous (i think - Purdue's QB was gawdawful); and, the o-line was as advertised. All in all, I feel a hell of a lot better about this team than I did going into the season. Now I can't wait to head up to Champaign to see them flatten a second consecutive B1G opponent (and a Bengals game the next day!).

On a related note, I'm so darn happy football is back!
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Purdue is atrocious, but I thought we played a really good game. The turnovers will have to get worked on, but we didn't have many penalties (if any?), and everything seemed to be in midseason form. Coach Tubs had em ready.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I still don't trust Munchie to throw the ball. Or run the ball since he doesn't seem to understand he needs to tuck the ball when he runs.

With that said, he threw the ball better today than I can ever recall. He had two bad throws, which for him seems like perfection.

Purdue is a really bad team, so I don't know what to really say about the defense in terms of looking forward, but they looked good on this day.

Purdue had quit midway through the 3rd quarter (those black jerseys in the oppressive heat couldn't have helped). I've never seen a team more demoralized - all the more astonishing since it's the first game with their new coach. It was only a 3 TD game at the time, which didn't reflect the gulf in class between UC and Purdue.

I think Tubberville and Gran utilized Munchie more effectively than the old regime did. That being said, I think UC wipes Purdue by 50+ if they air it out with Kay instead.

Normally, I'd get on the case of the fan base for leaving early. No complaints here for yesterday. The heat made for an especially dangerous situation, and emergency personnel had their hands full dealing with the many heat related issues among the fans. I saw more than a few students drop and at least a dozen more on the concourses being treated. UC included precautions for the heat in their pregame email, but the university was not adequately prepared to accommodate the number and severity of heat-related emergencies at the stadium.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Well, that sucked.

Best wishes to Munchie, really tough break for him.

Hopefully that injury isn't as bad as it looked, it looked pretty bad.

Tough game, d looked terrible. At least it wasn't a conference game...

Are there no more UC fans around here? UC looked great yesterday. I was at the game; had great seats. The O line dominated. The O could do anything they wanted. Brendan Kay showed great touch on his passes. Let's see where they go from here

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Are there no more UC fans around here? UC looked great yesterday. I was at the game; had great seats. The O line dominated. The O could do anything they wanted. Brendan Kay showed great touch on his passes. Let's see where they go from here
    Hard to get fired up or glean much from an opponent that out-classed in terms of raw talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Hard to get fired up or glean much from an opponent that out-classed in terms of raw talent.
    That's never stopped the OSU fans from filling up a message board. Just read through that thread...

I understand NW St isn't very good but I don't think Munchie could have thrown those passes like I saw on Sat in practice

20. Likes:

CoachBombay (09-16-2013)

Turn Off Ads?