Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UC Football 2013 ("The Afterthought Athletic Conference")

Re: UC Football 2013 ("The Afterthought Athletic Conference")

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The good news for members of the AAC is that with Boise State's star fading a bit and NIU's ridiculous QB finally graduating, that BCS (or whatever they're going to call it now) bid that is being given to the "best of the rest" is going to be there for the taking. A team that is able to go undefeated in the AAC should get that spot most years.
    But parity may be the unavoidable enemy. Most years, Boise should be able to mow down its competition in the MWC, while most opponents in the AAC should be fairly close in talent level. Will one close loss be enough to forfeit the at large bid? It remains to be seen, but my guess is that it will.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    But parity may be the unavoidable enemy. Most years, Boise should be able to mow down its competition in the MWC, while most opponents in the AAC should be fairly close in talent level. Will one close loss be enough to forfeit the at large bid? It remains to be seen, but my guess is that it will.
    I don't see any reason to believe that Boise's trip through the MWC will be any softer than UC's AAC schedule most years.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-26-2013)

I don't know much about college football, but I know this is pretty sweet to read:

After hanging on for a narrow 24-17 victory against the Houston Cougars Saturday, the Bearcats received 47 points in the USA today poll released Sunday, edging Notre Dame and former UC head coach Brian Kelly for the No. 25 spot.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

6. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-26-2013),Sea Ray (11-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I believe UC would also have to jump UCF in the BCS standings and at last check, unfortunately, UCF had a sizable lead. I hope I'm wrong, but I believe UC needs to beat Louisville and have UCF lose both of their last team. Like CE said, it stinks that UC lost to USF, but I think it's even worse that they don't have a chance to settle this with UCF on the field since they're not on UC's schedule this year.
    Brad Edwards from ESPN (their BCS "Expert") stated that his projection would have UC passing UCF in the BCS Standings should UC beat Louisville and UCF lose only one of their two games.

8. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-26-2013)

Well, you guys have sold me that I'm wrong, and I'd never be more thrilled than to be wrong if that played out. Here's hoping for one final win over the 'Ville and at least one UCF loss.

Let's go South Florida!

11. Likes:

dougdirt (11-29-2013),nmculbreth (11-29-2013)

Ugh.

I think SMU takes UCF at home. If the Bearcats bring home the Keg of Nails, I believe they are BCS-Bowl bound.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I think SMU takes UCF at home. If the Bearcats bring home the Keg of Nails, I believe they are BCS-Bowl bound.
    SMU didn't score a point yesterday. If their starting QB isn't ready to come back from a sprained knee then I give them no chance. June Jones' run and shoot offense is heavily QB dependent. Everything revolves around the QB playing well

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    SMU didn't score a point yesterday. If their starting QB isn't ready to come back from a sprained knee then I give them no chance. June Jones' run and shoot offense is heavily QB dependent. Everything revolves around the QB playing well
    I was not aware that Garrett Gilbert was hurt. Hopefully, he only misses this one game.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I was not aware that Garrett Gilbert was hurt. Hopefully, he only misses this one game.
    That's going to be the story to watch. He's questionable as of 17 mins ago:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...0,6070448.post

That was a tough loss last night. We played hard tho so no shame in that.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Can't give up 4th and 12....

Still a good season and you can take home 10 wins by winning the bowl game. They left some wins on the table, but at the start of the year I would have taken 9-3 in the regular season.

Teddy Bridgewater made some ridiculous plays just as UC was about to put the game on ice.

"So Fla Red"

Was pulling big for UC, but Bridgewater pulled it out down the stretch with a couple of ridiculous plays. Fun game to watch in the last quarter.

Needed to go for the TD at the end of regulation. Didn't like a couple of the calls on the last UC drive. Would have preferred a run on 1st down to eat clock + the way they were controlling the line.

Turn Off Ads?