Has anyone on here had their spouse/SO have a suspicious mammogram? or themselves, since I know I'm not the only female on here.

Since I have a family history of BC (dad's side) I've been having regular mammograms since I was 30, and yearly since I turned 40. Had my annual one this past tuesday, and this time the results came back as abnormal--the radiologist noticed a change from last year. I'm scheduled for a diagnostic mammogram and possible ultrasound tomorrow morning.

Frankly, I'm terrified. And reading on the internet has not helped that any. I've never been so scared in my freaking life. I like to think of myself as a strong person, and I'm trying so hard to stay positive, but then there's this little demon sitting on my shoulder whispering "you're going to die!" I'm trying to keep myself from completely freaking out, but right now it's not working. All of my family is in Ohio and I don't want to scare them until I know something real, hubby is at work, none of my friends are close by....

I know I'm overreacting, but this is something that has always terrified me anyway, and I've tried to be so proactive about preventing it, and now I feel like I have a ticking time bomb over my head...