Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report: Harbaugh to coach Michigan

Report: Harbaugh to coach Michigan

Several media outlets now reporting that Jim Harbaugh will be accepting the open coaching position with the Michigan Wolverines...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...igan/20948481/

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...michigan-offer

As a Buckeyes fan, a part of me can't help but be excited for how this (apparent) hire can improve both the image of the B1G and the rivalry itself. With that said, Harbaugh as a former successful NFL coach worries me in regards to recruiting. I'm as confident as anyone in Meyer's ability to bring top-tier talent to tOSU, but if Harbaugh is indeed on his way to Michigan, the Wolverines can expect a BIG boost in talent. It'll be interesting to see how Meyer/Harbaugh duke it out on the recruiting trail.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Report: Harbaugh to coach Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore_Trout View Post
    Several media outlets now reporting that Jim Harbaugh will be accepting the open coaching position with the Michigan Wolverines...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...igan/20948481/

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...michigan-offer

As a Buckeyes fan, a part of me can't help but be excited for how this (apparent) hire can improve both the image of the B1G and the rivalry itself. With that said, Harbaugh as a former successful NFL coach worries me in regards to recruiting. I'm as confident as anyone in Meyer's ability to bring top-tier talent to tOSU, but if Harbaugh is indeed on his way to Michigan, the Wolverines can expect a BIG boost in talent. It'll be interesting to see how Meyer/Harbaugh duke it out on the recruiting trail.
    Huge get for Michigan and the Big 10, should be a ton of fun watching Meyer and Harbaugh compete, throw in James Franklin and the Big 10 is on the rise.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

How many years before he goes back to the NFL?
    Go Gators!

Kinda hate it because beating UM had become taken for granted but will become difficult again. But it's all for the best. Harbaugh is best suited for the college game.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Good for him. Going to a place that wants him. Personally I thing the 49er's are crazy for letting him go. Other than this year he has done nothing but win, and they had their minds made up before the season even started it seams like. All because he ruffles some feathers, I don't get it. Wait, once he leaves the 49er's are gonna stink again. I think if he does go to Michigan it will do nothing but help the B10. I think he should be able to recruit pretty well, I'm not an OSU guy, so if he get's some of their recruits....good for him. It's good for college football when the OSU/UoM rivalry involves 2 good teams!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-29-2014)

I agree Dub, rivalries are great for the game and this one is among the marquee in all of college sports. Hopefully it burns brightly again soon.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Good for him. I think he is best suited for college, and it will definitely help the Michigan program/B1G.

The 49ers definitely have numerous issues, and, as is normal, the head coach is usually the one to catch the majority of the blame. And whether it's Harbaugh's temperament/approach when it comes to handling professional players vs college, I still don't put the majority of the blame on him for the 49ers woes this season. The guy had a record of 43-19-1 in his four seasons with the 49ers, and led the team to three NFC championship games and one Super Bowl. That says something.

QB Kaepernick has really had his struggles this year. And it was 49ers FO that obviously had their doubts because last summer they structured is 126M contract essentially as a year-to-year deal. If you're giving yourself the option to cut your so-called franchise QB every Spring, aren't you suggesting he may not be one?

So it's probably best for Harbaugh to get away from that pending mess.
    Last edited by GAC; 12-28-2014 at 04:48 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

A lot of the B1G's woes in football can directly be attributed to Michigan. We need them to be what they once were. Great hire for Wolverines and the whole conference.

I don't know exactly what happened in Frisco, nor do I care. But it is a head scratcher...kind of reminds me of what happened with Jimmy Johnson in Dallas, which I didn't care about either!!!!!! LOL

11. Likes:

Hoosier Red (12-29-2014)

This not only improves Mich, it improves the Big Ten. OSU needs that. The Buckeyes are the only team in the conference holding up their end of the bargain.

The 49ers' front office

Name:  3511d9767c96ce281df5a9a69f6b88ed5654af83fe3ca8a1b99b2d225d1ad268.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  34.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Jim Harbaugh coming to Michigan on the same day that my first son was born.

Yep, it's been one hell of a day!!!!

(And welcome to the youngest member of Redszone!)
    Go BLUE!!!

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-31-2014),Assembly Hall (12-29-2014),George Anderson (12-29-2014),Hoosier Red (12-29-2014),JayBruceFan (12-29-2014),kbrake (12-29-2014),Kingspoint (12-29-2014),Razor Shines (12-29-2014),Redsfaithful (12-29-2014),RedTeamGo! (12-29-2014),Revering4Blue (12-29-2014),WVRed (12-29-2014)

I now have a reason to hate Michigan even more than I do now. Didn't think it was possible. The Harbaugh hiring may have been the only single thing that could have made me hate them more. That pretty much tells you what I think of Jim Harbaugh.

Having said that, I think it's a good hire for Michigan and is good for the Big10. Michigan needs to be relevant again and I think Harbaugh will be successful. I just can't figure why San Francisco was so eager to get rid of him. I think he's a great coach, just think very little of him as an individual.

17. Likes:

kbrake (12-29-2014)

Good hire for Michigan. I can't help but wonder how long he will be there.

19. Likes:

kbrake (12-29-2014),RedTeamGo! (12-29-2014)

Call me nuts but despite all the reports that it's a lock, I'm not convinced until Harbaugh is literally at the podium in Ann Arbor.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

21. Likes:

KronoRed (12-29-2014)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Call me nuts but despite all the reports that it's a lock, I'm not convinced until Harbaugh is literally at the podium in Ann Arbor.
    Or better yet, signs the contract.

Turn Off Ads?