Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2014

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NFL 2013

Really dangerous Sunday for my Chiefs facing the Texans. Chiefs may be riding too high right now and the Texans are still very, very good. Gotta have faith. Gotta have faith.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Chiefs win! Bengals win! What a perfect Sunday...
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

So Calvin Johnson gets 329 yards receiving with a TD and he's the 3rd biggest story of that game behind Stafford's TD and Bryant's meltdown? Crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    So Calvin Johnson gets 329 yards receiving with a TD and he's the 3rd biggest story of that game behind Stafford's TD and Bryant's meltdown? Crazy.
    ESPN is overdoing that meltdown bigtime and it's aggravating

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    ESPN is overdoing that meltdown bigtime and it's aggravating
    That's ESPN's stock and trade. It's as surprising as the sun coming up in the east.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    That's ESPN's stock and trade. It's as surprising as the sun coming up in the east.
    It's nice to have alternatives nowadays like Foxsports1, MLB and NFL Network

Anybody watching the Texans Colts game? Gary Kubiak collapsed before halftime and taken to hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Anybody watching the Texans Colts game? Gary Kubiak collapsed before halftime and taken to hospital.
    Yes. Let's hope he's alright.

Here's some news that we didn't get via television.

Michelle Tafoya of NBC -- who was on the field -- reported that Kubiak appeared to be in "extraordinary pain" and didn't open his eyes that she could see. He was talking, though, per Tafoya.

Wade Phillips, NBC reports, is taking over as the head coach of the Texans for the remainder of the game.

Phillips told Tafoya that Kubiak being taken to the hospital was "purely precautionary" and that "his heart rate was fine and that his pulse was fine."
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

While we are on the subject of the NFL, this Miami situation is getting both weirder and sadder.

The perspective of Aaron Rodgers being out for an extended amount of time, if not for the rest of the season: Count "my" Packers out. With that offensive line that had to happen sooner or later. '*?¿%&!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarftree View Post
    The perspective of Aaron Rodgers being out for an extended amount of time, if not for the rest of the season: Count "my" Packers out. With that offensive line that had to happen sooner or later. '*?¿%&!!!
    Seems to me that their next move is to re-sign Matt Flynn and try to recapture the magic he had in his one game career with the Pack. I bet we read about this signing w/i 24 hrs

Really horrible ridiculous call in the Rams-Bears game. A Rams lineup made a perfect tackle on Bears QB McCown and was called for roughing the passer. Instead of Rams ball, and a return of a fumble for a TD and a 20 point Ram lead, the Bears wound up with a TD. A truly horrid call.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Really horrible ridiculous call in the Rams-Bears game. A Rams lineup made a perfect tackle on Bears QB McCown and was called for roughing the passer. Instead of Rams ball, and a return of a fumble for a TD and a 20 point Ram lead, the Bears wound up with a TD. A truly horrid call.
    Well it didn't make much difference seeing as the Bears lost by 3 TDs but you make a great point that all this roughing paranoia is going to, in some cases, determine who wins and loses. I understand protecting players but I don't think these BS calls should determine who wins and loses. I didn't see the call you're mentioning but if it's anything like the one on Drew Brees last week then I'm sure it was a travesty. The NFL is forgetting the speed of the league and that if a player ducks or slides suddenly, the defensive player will not have time to adjust. Such plays need to be considered "part of the game".

Any of the roughing or helmet-to-helmet PF should be reviewable.

Turn Off Ads?