Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2014

Re: NFL 2013

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Mary Wilson has taken over as controlling owner of the Bills.

She's the wife of late Bills owner/founder Ralph Wilson. According to the team, "a process will be established at an appropriate time for the sale of the franchise." Wilson will assuredly work to keep the Bills in Buffalo, but the team's future in Upstate New York is in question.

Source: buffalobills.com
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Peppers career was over before last year began. Foolish signing by the Packers.
    Not so fast my friend:

https://vine.co/v/Omt1FzZjXal

"News now! Peppers has plenty of gas left in the tank.

He’s one of the great athletes of our time and he was underused as a defensive end that was easy to identify and limited in what he could do. Coach Capers saw the potential or greater use and more impact. Why isn’t anyone giving Coach Capers credit for this acquisition?"

"He continues to amaze everyone, including myself," Packers linebacker Clay Matthews said.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 10-04-2014 at 01:11 AM.

What's happened to Kaepernick and the 49ers? I thought they looked bad vs the Seahawks last week but I thought OK, that is the Seahawks but now after seeing them lose to Oakland, I'd say they're officially horrible. How'd they fall that far?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What's happened to Kaepernick and the 49ers? I thought they looked bad vs the Seahawks last week but I thought OK, that is the Seahawks but now after seeing them lose to Oakland, I'd say they're officially horrible. How'd they fall that far?
    Kaepernick has regressed this season. Going into the season, both he and Dalton were about equal with Kaepernick having more potential and Dalton being more polished. Kaepernick had one of the best deep-ball throws in the league, while Dalton was consistent if the passes were kept short and towards the middle. Neither of them had taken the next step of being able to handle snaps well under pressure or to make second reads...both qualities you need in a QB if you expect to win a Super Bowl (though they nearly did it with Kaepernick's legs his first season under Center). I'm glad now we have Dalton, though at the time of the draft I wanted Kaepernick.

Now that Kaepernick is not able to take advantage of his legs as teams have stopped the QB-option in that Offense and forced Kaepernick to try to beat them in the air, he's simply shown that he not only can't handle throwing from the pocket and make the second reads, but he's even lost the ability to hit players with long passes like he did last season. Harbaugh seems to have abandoned the running game that SF is known for, and that put even more pressure on Kaepernick that he hasn't shown he can handle.

As far as the 49er's pass-rush that's disappeared? Could be the loss of Willis. Ahmad Brooks was benched yesterday for missing a meeting. Aldon Smith hasn't made a difference since he's been back. They had a suspect Secondary last season, and didn't seem to improve it any this season. It's a foregone conclusion that Harbaugh is a lameduck coach, and team's don't seem to respond to that very well.

They should get blown out by the Seahawks next week.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Cam Newton has a couple of fractures in his lower back after a car accident. Tony Romo would totally play through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Cam Newton has a couple of fractures in his lower back after a car accident. Tony Romo would totally play through it.
    That's excellent news for the Browns who still have Carolina on their schedule. Without Newton's scrambling the Panthers are toothless

That's excellent news for the Browns who still have Carolina on their schedule. Without Newton's scrambling the Panthers are toothless
    Derek Anderson has played better than Newton all season long. It's an upgrade for the Panthers to have Newton out. Anderson has looked really good all year. I'd be shocked at anything less than 2 TD's and 250 yards w/ only 1 turnover from Anderson if he gets any start along the way. If I had just an average QB going in FFB this week, I'd pick up and start Anderson. I'm going with Sanchez vs Dallas' secondary.

They're comparing Newton's back injury exactly to Romo's, where Romo missed one game...week 9...but, Romo has only been able to play effectively when he's taken pain-killing injections before the start of any game since then. Thanksgiving Day he didn't take the injections and he said later that it effected his play and he should have taken them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Derek Anderson has played better than Newton all season long. It's an upgrade for the Panthers to have Newton out. Anderson has looked really good all year. I'd be shocked at anything less than 2 TD's and 250 yards w/ only 1 turnover from Anderson if he gets any start along the way. If I had just an average QB going in FFB this week, I'd pick up and start Anderson. I'm going with Sanchez vs Dallas' secondary.

They're comparing Newton's back injury exactly to Romo's, where Romo missed one game...week 9...but, Romo has only been able to play effectively when he's taken pain-killing injections before the start of any game since then. Thanksgiving Day he didn't take the injections and he said later that it effected his play and he should have taken them.
    Carolina doesn't have much to throw to on offense. Their best play is a Cam Newton run. I agree Anderson is the better passer but as a DC, I'd love to not have to account for Newton's scrambles and just defense the RBs and throws from the pocket

Carolina doesn't have much to throw to on offense. Their best play is a Cam Newton run. I agree Anderson is the better passer but as a DC, I'd love to not have to account for Newton's scrambles and just defense the RBs and throws from the pocket
    Greg Olsen is the 2nd best TE in the NFL right now behind Gronkowski. Jimmy Graham is hurt and has 4.00 fantasy points total over the last two weeks. He only caught 3 of 11 targets Sunday for 25 yards while getting zero targets the week before.

Kelvin Benjamin is a major stud. He can catch anything thrown to him, but unfortunately for him, Cam Newton has been inaccurate on most of his throws all season. He and Derek Anderson have a great combination on the 30+ long ball. In any start by Anderson, Benjamin will catch at least two 30+ receptions from Anderson.

Stewart also rushed for 150 and a TD last week on 20 rushes. There's Offensive potential there. (I lost the playoffs in my other league because I played Hawkins over Olsen as Olsen didn't practice Wednesday and Thursday last week, and last time that happened, the Panthers didn't target him....he had 10 catches on Sunday....it also didn't help that Demaryius Thomas had 2 catches for 20 yards and McCoy did nothing against Seattle...and, of course, I played Jimmy Graham.)
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 12-09-2014 at 06:23 PM.

He's not going to let Dan Snyder dictate his NFL career. He knows he's still young, and has a good resume so far. If Snyder wants to let him go, he's showing enough confidence to show other owners that he believes in his own abilities more than he does doing something he's totally against when it comes as a direct command from the owner. In this case, it's Dan Snyder and other owners should realize that this is understandable.

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Speaking Thursday, Redskins coach Jay Gruden said he doesn't need to see any more of Robert Griffin III in action to know what he can and cannot do on a football field.

It essentially means Gruden has zero faith in RGIII's ability to get better. It's a damning indictment considering Gruden is currently going with pop-gun armed, journeyman Colt McCoy under center. RGIII has been horrendous in limited action this season, and Grudes apparently believes that's just who he is as a quarterback. RGIII badly needs a second chance with a different team. His affinity for drama makes him a poor fit on the circus-like Redskins. It's quite possible Griffin simply isn't the same since tearing up his knee in January 2013, but it's too early to throw in the towel.

Source: Dianna Marie Russini on Twitter

It may also backfire and other owners rally around their fellow owner and see this insubordination as a more important feature of Gruden's resume than Gruden's confidence, ability and whether or not he's right about the situation.

Either way, I really respect Gruden for this. I think having let Hue Jackson dictate who his Fullback was going to be last season, completely removing an element of Gruden's Offensive attack, while he had to sit quietly and say nothing about it to Marvin Lewis, Mike Brown and the rest of the Management, made him stand his ground this time around. The Charles/Connor situation was a joke and had no business being decided by Hue Jackson's wishes. It was at that point that Gruden must have known he was gone and didn't want to rock the boat before he got rehired. But, given a guaranteed 5-year contract as Head Coach with Washington, if you don't establish from the get-go that the Head Coach gets to decide who the Quarterback is going to be, then why bother spending the next four years there anyway?

Gruden is making a stand over this. You can make a case that RG III has a better NFL resume than Gruden does. The one who looks good at this point is Mike Shanahan.

I think we know that Cousins and McCoy are not NFL starting QBs. Why give them starts over Griffin?

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-11-2014)

Gruden is making a stand over this. You can make a case that RG III has a better NFL resume than Gruden does. The one who looks good at this point is Mike Shanahan.

I think we know that Cousins and McCoy are not NFL starting QBs. Why give them starts over Griffin?
    He's trying to win games, establish a winning attitude on his team.

RGIII is lazy and he doesn't want to reward laziness. It sets a bad precedent. You end up with a team full of lazy people, sort of like this year's Detroit Pistons.

So, Roger Goodell told the public and his owners that they did their due diligence in trying to obtain the elevator tape of the Ray Rice incident but the person in charge of the investigation said he never contacted anyone about the tape.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...y-rice-hearing
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    So, Roger Goodell told the public and his owners that they did their due diligence in trying to obtain the elevator tape of the Ray Rice incident but the person in charge of the investigation said he never contacted anyone about the tape.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...y-rice-hearing
    Yeah, and he's got some swampland in Florida to sell us, too.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Anybody have any thoughts on the Bears? They look horrid.

Turn Off Ads?