Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2014

Re: NFL 2013

I don't want to sound like "that guy" and I like replay but I think it's getting to be a drag on the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Likes:

redsfanmia (11-25-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Well it didn't make much difference seeing as the Bears lost by 3 TDs but you make a great point that all this roughing paranoia is going to, in some cases, determine who wins and loses. I understand protecting players but I don't think these BS calls should determine who wins and loses. I didn't see the call you're mentioning but if it's anything like the one on Drew Brees last week then I'm sure it was a travesty. The NFL is forgetting the speed of the league and that if a player ducks or slides suddenly, the defensive player will not have time to adjust. Such plays need to be considered "part of the game".
    It was a worse call than the Drew Bree's call last week. It was a simple, up the middle sack-no leading with the head, no helmet to helmet contact, just a clean hard hit.
    I had no rooting interest in the Rams-Bears game. It just irritated me to see the call.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    It was a worse call than the Drew Bree's call last week. It was a simple, up the middle sack-no leading with the head, no helmet to helmet contact, just a clean hard hit.
    I had no rooting interest in the Rams-Bears game. It just irritated me to see the call.
    I have seen the play and I agree with you. It's called tackling the QB. The QB never got rid of the ball; nor was there any head to head issue. It reminded me of the Justin Smith (while he was a Bengal) sack of the TB Bucs QB awhile back. My guess is you remember it like I do

What a comeback by the Pats. I love watching great quarterbacks do their thing. They make it look so easy.

Belicheck takes the wind!

Game of the year gentlemen.

8. Likes:

helenkyle82 (11-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Belicheck takes the wind!

Game of the year gentlemen.
    Did anyone ask Del Rio what he would have done had he won the toss? I'm thinking it was a no brainer to take the wind and he would have done the same.

The referees should have penalized the Steelers last night and given Jacoby Jones of the Ravens a TD when Steelers coach Mike Tomblin entered the field of play during Jones return of a kick off. It shouldn't matter whether or not Tomblin's actions were intentional or not.
    Always good to see the Steelers lose.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

What do you all make of the blown downs call by Jeff Triplett's crew last night on SNF? He says that the sticks were moved inadvertently but he neglects to admit that members of his crew told them to move the sticks. The sideline workers didn't do this on their own. Triplett and his crew screwed up bigtime

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-02-2013)

I think taking away Steelers draft picks would be a little over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What do you all make of the blown downs call by Jeff Triplett's crew last night on SNF? He says that the sticks were moved inadvertently but he neglects to admit that members of his crew told them to move the sticks. The sideline workers didn't do this on their own. Triplett and his crew screwed up bigtime
    Huge botch by Triplett and crew. One of his reasons for not stopping the clock is that it would've given the offense a big advantage. What kind of nonsense is that? NOT stopping the clock gave the Giants a huge advantage! Not to mention the obvious fact that you'd think they'd care just a little bit more about getting it right as opposed to keeping the clock moving at all costs.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

15. Likes:

Chip R (12-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Huge botch by Triplett and crew. One of his reasons for not stopping the clock is that it would've given the offense a big advantage. What kind of nonsense is that? NOT stopping the clock gave the Giants a huge advantage! Not to mention the obvious fact that you'd think they'd care just a little bit more about getting it right as opposed to keeping the clock moving at all costs.
    Have anything been mentioned about sanctions for his crew?

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Heard on the radio this morning that they probably won't take away picks but may adjust draft position. Point differential is one of the draft position tiebreakers, so if the play in question ends up either helping the Steelers or hurting the Ravens in the draft order, they'll fix it.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

I don't think so. Personally I think he should at least be suspended. Tomlin was standing in a place he shouldn't have been and turned a surefire TD into a tackle. When you consider that Pittsburgh needed to win that game in order to keep their playoff dreams alive it is more egregious.

The NFL can't have coaches placing themselves in positions where they could effect the game. A 100K is a small fine for guy who makes millions in a year. Its even a smaller fine for the organization if a play like that can keep the playoffs still in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    The referees should have penalized the Steelers last night and given Jacoby Jones of the Ravens a TD when Steelers coach Mike Tomblin entered the field of play during Jones return of a kick off. It shouldn't matter whether or not Tomblin's actions were intentional or not.
    Always good to see the Steelers lose.
    Yes they should of and then that would have been the end of it. I think taking away draft picks is a bit much but since there was no penalty during the game, there has to be some kind of penalty besides a fine. We all know how the NFL teams covet draft picks. Perhaps pushing their pick to the end of the first round would teach them a lesson.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I thought so too until someone brought up the possibility of the 4 points that that play cost the Ravens determining whether they make the playoffs or not. Its unlikely, but that tiebreaker could be the difference in the Ravens winning another Super Bowl, or missing the playoffs altogether. The NFL has to consider all possibilities, and that is one of them. So in that sense, I think losing a draft pick should definitely be an option.

Turn Off Ads?