Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Official waiver trade deadline thread (Sept. 30)

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Re: Official waiver trade deadline thread (August 31)

Young could always change his mind. If Cincinnati actually came after him, who knows. A call from Joey Votto might help. "Hey, could use your help over here."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Standing pat with Todd Frazier as our everyday 3B in the midst of a pennant race reeks of something. And Jack Hannahan sure isn't the answer.
    I was not aware Alex Rios played 3B

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I was not aware Alex Rios played 3B
    I was not suggesting that. I praised the Rangers' GM for going out and improving his club with two quality moves (presuming they actually finish a trade for Rios). You replied that picking Rios up reeked of desperation. I countered that doing nothing to address our extreme lack of production at the 3B spot this season was what truly reeked (not of desperation, albeit).

I was not suggesting that. I praised the Rangers' GM for going out and improving his club with two quality moves (presuming they actually finish a trade for Rios). You replied that picking Rios up reeked of desperation. I countered that doing nothing to address our extreme lack of production at the 3B spot this season was what truly reeked (not of desperation, albeit).
    Gotcha, the only problem is that there has not been an extreme lack of production at 3B this season, just the past 7 days or so. For much of the season Frazier was league average with the bat and elite with the glove.

Young could always change his mind. If Cincinnati actually came after him, who knows. A call from Joey Votto might help. "Hey, could use your help over here."
    Yep, have Mr. Personality call him lol. Probably have more luck with B.P. Young would come just to shut him up.

I take a flier on Mark Reynolds and hope we catch fire in a bottle for a couple weeks. He could go nuts in GABP against pitchers that havent seen much of him in a couple years.
    Reynolds makes Dunn look like a contact hitter. No way. Would rather have Stubbs out there. I would make a serious play on Young though.

He would be the perfect number 2 hitter. (Young not Votto as people suggest - )
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

9. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (08-08-2013)

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...n-waivers.html
    The Rangers and White Sox "weren't even close" on an agreement when discussing Rios prior to the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline, tweets Danny Knobler of CBS Sports. Knobler also tweets that Rios was placed on waivers on Monday, and the deadline to work out a deal for him is tomorrow. That would suggest that Rios was claimed earlier in the week, but the news only broke today.

Young would have to approve trade - not gonna happen.
    He'd also have to not suck. dude is a statue. an absolute statue. Id rather Todd Frazier work through his issues and play GG defense at 3B than watch Young look at balls dribbling past him.

Glad the Reds passed on him.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    Yep, have Mr. Personality call him lol. Probably have more luck with B.P. Young would come just to shut him up.
    Young's a serious guy too. I bet he would greatly appreciate a call from someone of the ilk of Joey Votto, even if Votto didn't show much personality and said, "Would be great to have you as a teammate."

Those kinds of things can go a long way. We're still dealing with human emotions here. I get that Young has said he would only accept a trade to the Red Sox, Yankees or Rangers, but it doesn't mean a solid organization like the Reds in the thick of the playoff race couldn't get him to change his mind.

That said, my money is on him going to the Yankees. They have an "issue" at 3B as you might have heard about. It's barely getting any media attention.

Are we seriously wasting ones and zeroes on Michael Young?

This isn't 2003. The guy just isn't very good anymore.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

14. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Are we seriously wasting ones and zeroes on Michael Young?

This isn't 2003. The guy just isn't very good anymore.
    I hear you, but you honestly don't believe he'd be an upgrade over Todd Frazier? If the Reds got Young for 1 or 2 of our "decent" prospects (no top end guys) would you have a problem with it?

He would be an upgrade over Frazier, who's looking like a 400 PA wonder.

Even if Young was a small improvement over Frazier (and that's what he'd be at best, a minor improvement), I don't see trading prospects for him. The farm system is thin enough as it is.

I hear you, but you honestly don't believe he'd be an upgrade over Todd Frazier? If the Reds got Young for 1 or 2 of our "decent" prospects (no top end guys) would you have a problem with it?
    Have you seen the guy play defense? Factor that into the equation, and any small offensive upgrade would be swallowed up by his sub inferior range, and his near absolute inability to catch the freaking baseball.

Give up "decent" prospects for a minimal offensive upgrade, who plays inferior defense? Ugh. No way.

Oh, and he still somehow thinks he's too good to play for a team like the Reds.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?