Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Official waiver trade deadline thread (Sept. 30)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Re: Official waiver trade deadline thread (August 31)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    watching the Brewers tonight, makes you wonder if the Reds should have claimed Juan Fransisco after the Braves released him. has 15 homeruns and 40 RBIs.. hmmm could have been a better option over Hanahan (zero homers)
    Not to mention, Hannahan's defense of late makes Juan look like a GG.

What. A. Bust.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

2. Turn Off Ads?

I believe the Brewers had prior dibs on Francisco.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Francisco has a .310 OBP and is a horrendous fielder. The Brewers use him at 1st base when they can.

He's not the solution to anything. Like he was in the minors, at times he had good counting stats because he can hit the ball a long way, but for the same reason we traded him for a reliever, the sum of his parts was far from being a decent major league regular.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Rays Release Kyle Farnsworth

By Steve Adams [August 11 at 7:35pm CST]

SUNDAY: The Rays have released Farnsworth, according to the Rays' transaction page.

White Sox Release Tyler Greene

By Steve Adams [August 13 at 12:08pm CST]

The White Sox have released Tyler Greene from Triple-A Charlotte, according to Knights director of PR and media relations Tommy Viola (Twitter link).

Greene, who turns 30 on Saturday, spent 22 games with the Sox earlier this season, batting .222/.263/.352 with one homer. He appeared exclusively at second base for the White Sox, though he has significant big league experience at shortstop and has also tallied 101 Major League innings at third base. He had a .649 OPS with the Knights this season prior to his release.

Tyler Greene: "Well, that was fun while it lasted...time to take over the family business."

8. Likes:

Brutus (08-13-2013)

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Manny Ramirez was also released today from the Rangers.

In addition to that Paul Konerko was placed on waivers.. Glad Konerko blossomed after leaving the Reds. He's had a really solid career.

Justin Morneau On Revocable Waivers

By Steve Adams [August 13 at 11:10am CST]

11:10am: Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer press reports that Morneau was placed on waivers yesterday, and the waiver period will expire tomorrow at noon CT (Twitter link).

I'd like to see what Manny can do one last time. I think the Tribe may have taken a shot but with their recent slide not so sure.

Delmon Young refused AAA assignment making him a FA.

Also Rangers acquire Travis Buckley

& Royals acquire Emilo Bonifacio

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    I'd like to see what Manny can do one last time. I think the Tribe may have taken a shot but with their recent slide not so sure.
    Manny to Cleveland would be epic!
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    watching the Brewers tonight, makes you wonder if the Reds should have claimed Juan Fransisco after the Braves released him. has 15 homeruns and 40 RBIs.. hmmm could have been a better option over Hanahan (zero homers)
    Juan F is increasingly playing first base so he is not a great fit for the Reds, but his bat would have helped. He has a .335 OBP and an .826 OPS with the Brewers. Not comparing JF to the Reds big three or four, but not sure anyone else on Reds below them is as potent as JF right now.

Francisco has some great raw tools and if given the chance to play I still think he can be a successful hitter. Not a complete player but i hope he doesn't hurt the Reds this coming weekend.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-14-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Elvis Andrus cleared waivers, unsurprisingly.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...medium=twitter
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Rays star tattoo player Ryan Roberts was DFA'D today

Last year when he went to the Rays he seemed to do pretty well. From what I recall he has a decent glove and a tiny bit of pop in that bat. If Adam Rosales can be DFA'D & claimed & then DFA'D again & claimed.. Then Roberts probably will get picked up for PTBNL or cash

The Yankees have agreed to terms with Mark Reynolds, Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports.
    - MLBTradeRumors

Turn Off Ads?