Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday August 2 2013 Cardinals @ Reds

Friday August 2 2013 Cardinals @ Reds

Jamie Ramsey ‏@Jamieblog 6m
    From today's #Reds Gamenotes: The Reds' 2.71era in July was their best in any calendar month since May 1990 (2.56).
    Brian Giesenschlag ‏@FOX19Brian 35m
    Since June 14th #reds have hit .208 with RISP. 20-22 in that stretch. Cards lead MLB with RISP. .335 for season.
    Brian Giesenschlag ‏@FOX19Brian 37m
    Just talked with Cueto. Feels good. No setbacks. Hasn't started throwing. #reds.
    Jamie Ramsey ‏@Jamieblog 1h
    Current #Reds are a combined 0-for-12 against Shelby Miller. I'm guessing the 0-for ends tonight.
    Odd Game notes
    http://ramsey.mlblogs.com/2013/08/02...-highlights-7/
    Friday, August 2, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 7:10 p.m.
    • Fireworks Friday: Post-game fireworks show with a “Jerry Garcia Tribute” soundtrack starting approximately 15 minutes after the end of the game, presented by PNC Bank.
    • I Do’s On The Diamond: Twenty-one couples will get married (or renew vows) on the warning track during pregame ceremonies at the inaugural “I Do’s On The Diamond” group wedding at the ballpark.
    • Tailgate on the Terrace: The Mobile Bud Bar is located outside the gates before tonight’s game. This pregame party features Budweiser beverages at below ballpark pricing.
    Last edited by klw; 08-02-2013 at 04:06 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Friday August 2 2013 Cardinals @ Reds

On the mound it is Arroyo v Shelby Miller

Shelby Miller, RHP
    10-7, 2.79 ERA
    Miller has looked more in sync with his command in two starts since taking a 12-day break. He allowed two earned runs in 5 2/3 innings on Sunday but continues to battle efficiency issues early in his starts.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...mode=probables

Bronson Arroyo, RHP
    9-8, 3.26 ERA
    Arroyo gave up three runs in 5 1/3 innings against the Dodgers on Saturday, but felt fortunate it wasn't much worse. He felt off during his bullpen session, lacked command on his breaking ball and felt his fastball was off a tick.

Big game = late lineup

I just noticed: On the lineup image above, are those nicknames for the coaches at the top? If so, is someone really called Porky?

NL Central champs

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I just noticed: On the lineup image above, are those nicknames for the coaches at the top? If so, is someone really called Porky?
    The Reds bullpen coach, Juan Lopez, goes by the nickname Porky.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/team/...s.jsp?c_id=cin

Thank God Molina is out. Seems like he always came up big off Bronson (and everyone else for that matter).

Anyone have Bronson's numbers against the Cards? I just don't trust him against them at all.

Cardinals lineup:

Carpenter 2B,
    Beltran RF,
    Craig 1B,
    Holliday LF,
    Freese 3B,
    Jay CF,
    Cruz C,
    Descalso SS,
    Miller P.

Still too early to call this a must win series? We're at home and already a weeks worth of games behind 2 teams in the division. Really need to start making a move forward if sights are being set on more than a wild card.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Still too early to call this a must win series? We're at home and already a weeks worth of games behind 2 teams in the division. Really need to start making a move forward if sights are being set on more than a wild card.
    Definitely won't be likely if they fall 5+ back of 2 teams, but with all the games these 3 still have against each other it wouldn't be the end of a division title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Thank God Molina is out. Seems like he always came up big off Bronson (and everyone else for that matter).

Anyone have Bronson's numbers against the Cards? I just don't trust him against them at all.
    He will be missed. Cruz, his replacement went 3 for 4 last night, and Holliday is crushing the ball for the last 4 or 5 games. But Matt Carpenter has become a black hole in the leadoff spot. 1st slump of his major league career I think.

As I stated in the other Game Thread, I hope for a lively series, with no pitching duels!

If I had any money I'd bet this Cardinals lineup doesn't score more than 2 runs.

/magdal

Yeah, I'm quite fine with watching some great pitching, so long as it's our guys doing it. Hopefully the Reds offense shows up, and we blast 'em!

If the Reds are going to win the NL Central, it starts with this series. They have to win this series. A sweep puts them right back in the thick of things. The Pirates are due for a drop off, IMO.

15. Likes:

kbrake (08-02-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

"And this game is underway!"

Beltran blasts one to the corner in left for a double with one out.

Turn Off Ads?