Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Frazier

Frazier

Any chance the Reds could send him down to Louisville for a week or two? He's just lost right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Frazier

Hanahan is supposed to be better?

Frazier goes through streaks all the time where he looks awful. He's got an ugly swing. When it's not working, he looks particularly bad. Like usual, he'll rebound eventually. Time in the minors when we need his production and fielding is not a solution to much of anything.

4. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (08-03-2013),PuffyPig (08-03-2013)

No
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

6. Likes:

reds44 (08-03-2013)

After reading the first post, I was expecting it to be posted by an account named NotJackHannahan.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Hanahan is supposed to be better?

Frazier goes through streaks all the time where he looks awful. He's got an ugly swing. When it's not working, he looks particularly bad. Like usual, he'll rebound eventually. Time in the minors when we need his production and fielding is not a solution to much of anything.
    I agree. We have way too many hitters like this. If we sent Bruce down for every child streak he has, he'd have just a many AAA at bats this year as he does as a Red. The only purpose this would serve would be to making Frazier, and 90% of the fanbase extremely mad and giving ESPN, MLBN, SI ammunition to grill the front office relentlessly.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    After reading the first post, I was expecting it to be posted by an account named NotJackHannahan.

I agree. We have way too many hitters like this. If we sent Bruce down for every child streak he has, he'd have just a many AAA at bats this year as he does as a Red. The only purpose this would serve would be to making Frazier, and 90% of the fanbase extremely mad and giving ESPN, MLBN, SI ammunition to grill the front office relentlessly.
    well they wouldn't want that!

The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

down goes Frazier?

sorry we're boring

10. Likes:

Artificial Red (08-04-2013),Big Klu (08-03-2013),Chip R (08-03-2013),DocRed (08-03-2013),PedroBourbon (08-03-2013),Red Raindog (08-03-2013),Redeyecat (08-04-2013),RedsBaron (08-03-2013),Roy Tucker (08-03-2013),Tom Servo (08-03-2013),Unassisted (08-03-2013)

Negatory

I see no purpose to sending Frazier down.

But he is now at .237 BA and .718 OPS for this season, 410 PAs so far.

This hasn't been just a brief slump. It's a season long issue and has come at an inopportune time with Ludwick's injury.

Frazier has a career .499 OPS vs STL in 57 AB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Frazier has a career .499 OPS vs STL in 57 AB's.
    Maybe he's just saving his hits for games he knows his team has a shot to win?

15. Likes:

Chip R (08-03-2013)

Todd Frazier's OPS (.718) is higher than Brandon Phillips' (.717). His .710 July OPS trumps that of Phillips' .651. His .644 "2nd Half" OPS trumps Phillips' .610 OPS.

So, all of this is to say, when are we sending Brandon Phillips to Louisville? Or at least not batting him cleanup anymore.....
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 08-03-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

17. Likes:

dougdirt (08-03-2013),Fil3232 (08-03-2013),Larkin Fan (08-03-2013),LoganBuck (08-03-2013),membengal (08-05-2013),pahster (08-03-2013),powersackers (08-03-2013),Red Raindog (08-03-2013),RedEye (08-03-2013),reds44 (08-03-2013)

RMR beat me to the punch. If you're going to send Frazier down then you might as well send Phillips with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I see no purpose to sending Frazier down.

But he is now at .237 BA and .718 OPS for this season, 410 PAs so far.

This hasn't been just a brief slump. It's a season long issue and has come at an inopportune time with Ludwick's injury.
    I guess it's a slump if comparing to last year. Problem is last year looked more like an outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Todd Frazier's OPS (.718) is higher than Brandon Phillips' (.717). His .710 July OPS trumps that of Phillips' .651. His .644 "2nd Half" OPS trumps Phillips' .610 OPS.

So, all of this is to say, when are we sending Brandon Phillips to Louisville? Or at least not batting him cleanup anymore.....
    I guess this pretty much says outside of Choo, Votto and Bruce the Reds lineup is really weak. Maybe Walt should try and get EE back.

How is a rookie season an outlier? It's not like he totally outperformed his minor league numbers. That said, Frazier's inability to recognize or at least lay off the low outside breaking stuff may be his exit pass. I really feel that in many case, though, you don't know for sure until a guy is into his third year. The off season can help digest changes and lessons that were hard to incorporate during the year, and the 2nd year is especially one of adjustments. I wouldn't expect any great change upward, but it is very much within the realm of possibility that Todd gets incrementally better, especially if he can focus more on hitting and less on defense now that he has that pretty well down. As for the OP suggestion? Fat no.

BP's declining numbers worry me. He is noticeably slower afoot. Are we seeing the beginning of a downward slide? When guys play natural, without the juice, age catches them at different time frames. BP looks like he is aging a bit early.

Cozart has the glove but the Reds need better hitting from catcher and left to afford him (and from Frazier) in the lineup. 2015 should bring Ervin, Winker, maybe YRod, maybe Hamilton all knocking on the door but with Choo likely leaving, Ludwick aging and banged up, BP seemingly regressing - I am worried about 2014. Quite a bit.
    Last edited by RedlegJake; 08-03-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Turn Off Ads?