Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is It OK To Acknowledge the Disappointment in This Season W/O Being Absurd?

Threaded View

Worth The Wait

Is It OK To Acknowledge the Disappointment in This Season W/O Being Absurd?

Seems a line has been drawn in the sand at RZ.

On this side we have,

"Stick a fork in them, they suck, heads should roll, I've wasted too much energy on these bums. Season is a disaster."

On the other side we have,

"Many teams would change places with us, it's better than it was in 2003, the correction is coming, we are still having a great season will be fine."

Is it ok to be in the middle? Because that is where I am.

I don't think this season has been particularly fun. I have found it disappointing. In large part because of the massive eggs we've laid against good teams. But overall, before the year I had WS dreams--- now it looks like we might find ourselves in a desperate fight for 5th place in the league... And probably somewhere around the 10th-12th best team in MLB. I find that very disappointing.

But I am also not really to jump off the ledge yet. I understand that even as a the #2 WC, we'd have a shot at getting hot and at least surpassing our run of last year if not beyond. It would be hard for me term the season a disaster if we make the playoffs even as a second WC team. I will use that term if we don't make the post season at all though.

But there are still two months left. A lot can happen. Things could get much worse and we could get passed in the WC chase and finish .500 or worse. I now see that as a possibility. We could also get hot and easily win a WC and/or make a run at the division.

The season is still yet to be defined. Although I agree that so far it hasn't gone as I'd hoped.... At all.

2. Likes:

Boss-Hog (08-03-2013), BurgervilleBuck (08-04-2013), CesarGeronimo (08-04-2013), dabvu2498 (08-03-2013), DocRed (08-03-2013), Hoosier Red (08-03-2013), membengal (08-04-2013), oneupper (08-04-2013), Plus Plus (08-03-2013), Red Raindog (08-03-2013), Red Soup (08-03-2013), RedEye (08-03-2013), remdog (08-03-2013), RiverRat13 (08-03-2013), Roy Tucker (08-03-2013), Todd Gack (08-03-2013), wlf WV (08-04-2013)

Turn Off Ads?