Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Reds Fan

The Reds Fan

On the first day of school in Saint Charles, Missouri, a Saint Louis suburb, a first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Cardinals fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Cardinal fans. Wanting to impress their teacher, everyone in the class raises their hand except one little boy. The teacher looks at the boy with surprise, 'Jimmie, why didn't you raise your hand?' Because I'm not a Cardinals fan,' he replied. The teacher, still shocked, asked, 'Well, if you are not a Cardinals fan, then who are you a fan of?' 'I am a Reds fan, and proud of it,' Jimmie replied. The teacher could not believe her ears. 'Jimmie please tell us why you are a Reds fan?' "Because my mom is a Reds fan, and my dad is Reds fan, so I'm a Reds fan too!" "Well," said the teacher in a obviously annoyed tone, 'that is no reason for you to be a Reds fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your mom was an idiot and your dad was a moron, what would you be then?' "Then," Jimmie smiled, 'I'd be a Cardinals fan.'

(lifted from facebook)

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-09-2013),Gapper (08-05-2013),HeatherC1212 (08-05-2013),KC2135 (08-05-2013),klw (08-05-2013),OC_Red (08-05-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (08-09-2013),reds1869 (08-05-2013),reds44 (08-09-2013),remdog (08-05-2013),Revering4Blue (08-05-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Reds Fan

Did the original version of this story have the word Cubs in it frequently?

I have heard this story at least 1/2 a dozen times with different teams used. I've even heard it used during presidential election time.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    I have heard this story at least 1/2 a dozen times with different teams used. I've even heard it used during presidential election time.
    That's alright, I knew it had to be an old one...and the version I lifted had the Broncos and Chiefs (I live near KC). I thought it was hilarious anyway. But then I am an old smart alec.

This joke was first told in 1943 about the Axis and Allied forces.

OK - the joke may have been old but I am not a quitter. Here's another:

Bob didn’t believe that Fred’s dog could talk. So Fred asked his dog, “What’s on top of a house?”

“Roof,” the dog barked.

Bob wasn’t convinced. So Fred asked the dog how sandpaper feels.

“Rough.”

He still wasn’t convinced.

“O.K., who was the greatest baseball player of all time?” Fred asked the dog.

“Ruth.”

With that, Bob walked away, shaking his head in disbelief. The dog turned to Fred and asked: Was it Frank Robinson?”

And words to ponder:

Why do we sing "Take me out to the ballgame" during the 7th inning stretch? We're already there.

Finally a funny and true story about Jerry Reuss:

In the late 80s, Dodger pitcher Jerry Reuss was known as a great practical joker. But this was his crowning glory. The Dodgers had played the Cubs at Wrigley one afternoon, and after the game Reuss took his bag, caught a cab, and went down to Comiskey Park, where the White Sox were hosting the Yankees that evening. He goes into the Yankee clubhouse, drops his bag outside of the manager's cubicle (this is the OLD Comiskey, mind you), and says "I'm ready to help the team any way I can."

You could hear a pin drop in there. Piniella (the manager at the time) asked if he knew who he had been traded for, and Reuss said that all he knew was that he was supposed to report to the Yankees at Comiskey. One coach scurried off to make a couple of long calls to New York (with rising volume levels), while another went outside to where the players were warming up, and was actually counting players and checking names off the roster list. The equipment guys had to start poking around for a uniform that would fit, and were calling sporting goods stores for things like socks and a number they could sew on. And everybody assumed that Steinbrenner had made another trade without telling anyone.

But only after Steinbrenner himself (who had to be called at home in Florida!) had said there had been no such deal did the truth come out. This was all a joke by Reuss, who only told Lasorda and a couple of his friends on the Dodgers. He did stay to watch the game, and bought the Yankee coaches some beers afterward. They definitely needed one. Or two.

11. Likes:

Big Klu (08-06-2013),OC_Red (08-05-2013),redhawkfish (08-05-2013),VottoFan54 (08-05-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (08-09-2013)

We need some humor right about now - what are your funniest baseball stories or jokes?

14. Likes:

Big Klu (08-09-2013)

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

16. Likes:

Big Klu (08-09-2013),RedlegJake (08-09-2013),reds44 (08-09-2013),RichRed (08-09-2013),tomnuetten (08-10-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (08-09-2013)

Turn Off Ads?