Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Is It OK To Acknowledge the Disappointment in This Season W/O Being Absurd?

Re: Is It OK To Acknowledge the Disappointment in This Season W/O Being Absurd?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I'll give the politically incorrect but truthful answer for me.

Very disappointed in the Reds so far, unequivocally. It's not even the won-lost record, it's how the team is playing and has been playing for months.

Expected to be in a position to say "hey, my team is excellent, I'm very confident about the stretch run and playoffs."

Instead now the big seling point is the randomness of playoff baseball rather than any real confidence in the Reds on their merits.

The starting pitching is exempt from this disappointment. The front office is not, has been inactive despite injuries, particularly the Ludwick injury which occurred on Day 1. Not happy with that at all.
    The "anti-selling point" for me last year was that despite 97 wins, the Reds were headed to the randomness of the postseason. Not that I don't enjoy the postseason, but it is what it is.

Unless there is a major change that I can't fathom, the randomness of the postseason will be there every year.

Now I will admit, I also believe that a Wildcard cuts your postseason chances in one-half, than if you had won the division. But if you win the WC game, you are on an even playing field going forward.

It goes both ways.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is It OK To Acknowledge the Disappointment in This Season W/O Being Absurd?

I don't understand being disappointed in a season when the season isn't over.

I know everyone wants the Reds to win every game before they are played, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

I'm actually quite happy with the season. It's been way more competitive than I thought it would be. If the Reds had things sown up already everyone would be complaining how boring things are and not really paying attention.
    It's baseball! They're in the playoff hunt! Enjoy it!
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

4. Likes:

Big Klu (08-09-2013)

Turn Off Ads?