Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where did you buy your Reds hat?

Where did you buy your Reds hat?

So, as you can see in my avatar, I just purchased a new fitted Reds hat. I bought it from '47 Brand and I am awfully fond of it. As a result, I've recently become rather addicted to the style (I also bought a "sandlot" Reds hat, a Bengals hat, an Expos hat and a Canadiens hat in similar styles).

Anyway, I'm curious whether others have favorite brands they use for Reds hats. Do you buy fitted or adjustable? Also, when do you wear the hat and how do you maintain it?

I realize this is not strictly a baseball question -- but it is technically Reds related, so I put it here. Mods, feel free to move it somewhere else if you so desire.
    Last edited by RedEye; 08-04-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Where did you buy your Reds hat?

I go back and forth between a few Reds hats. One is adjustable, the other 2 are fitted. For some reason I've worn the adjustable one the most, and it shows. It's the 47 Brand bullpen home cap.

My favorite (and most recent) is the "Cooperstown" fitted cap. I wore it to the two Oakland games, and got a few questions about it.

4. Likes:

RedEye (08-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I go back and forth between a few Reds hats. One is adjustable, the other 2 are fitted. For some reason I've worn the adjustable one the most, and it shows. It's the 47 Brand bullpen home cap.

My favorite (and most recent) is the "Cooperstown" fitted cap. I wore it to the two Oakland games, and got a few questions about it.

I have the red version of that hat in a 47 brand and I really like it.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

6. Likes:

RedEye (08-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post

Awesome! I toyed with the idea of buying that one, but I ended up getting the one I'm wearing in the photo and this one, which looks weird here but I actually adore it.
    Last edited by RedEye; 08-04-2013 at 11:02 AM.

I keep it pretty simple, my main cap is a 59-50 road, fitted. I buy a new one every year. People that don't know me very well always think I'm bald, because I've always got my cap on outside. I have a full head of hair.

I do have some that I wear occasionally, and others that just hang on my wall. I wear the all-red home cap sometimes. I also have the St. Patrick's Day green one from a couple years ago, but I only wear it on St. Patties.

I usually buy mine at the stadium, because I like to try them on. Even if you know your size it's still important to try it out first. If you're not looking to spend $40 on a cap though, newera.com has a few deals.

9. Likes:

RedEye (08-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    I keep it pretty simple, my main cap is a 59-50 road, fitted. I buy a new one every year. People that don't know me very well always think I'm bald, because I've always got my cap on outside. I have a full head of hair.

I do have some that I wear occasionally, and others that just hang on my wall. I wear the all-red home cap sometimes. I also have the St. Patrick's Day green one from a couple years ago, but I only wear it on St. Patties.

I usually buy mine at the stadium, because I like to try them on. Even if you know your size it's still important to try it out first. If you're not looking to spend $40 on a cap though, newera.com has a few deals.
    Is 59-50 a brand or a style? Or a size?

EDIT: Never mind -- I found it! Nice choice.
    Last edited by RedEye; 08-04-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I'm a big fan of the Nike Dri-Fit hats. They are great for hot weather and high humidity. I also like '47 brand and the authentic fitted caps. If you like historical caps check out Ebbets Field Flannels.

12. Likes:

RedEye (08-04-2013),Unassisted (08-04-2013)

This site has some great prices: http://www.discountnewerahats.com/ne...red-p-840.html

I've never ordered from them, but the authentic caps look legit if you have to have the ones the players wear.

14. Likes:

RedEye (08-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Is 59-50 a brand or a style? Or a size?

EDIT: Never mind -- I found it! Nice choice.
    59Fifty are just the authentic caps they wear on the field. If it's adjustable, or has a NewEra logo on the left side, it's not the real thing.

E: Also, I can't speak highly enough about getting an authentic cap. I still have one that's 3-4 years old, and it looks brand new. You can even wash them on a cold cycle, just don't ever put them in the dryer. Put it on your head wet, and wear it all day for a perfect fit.
    Last edited by jhiller21; 08-04-2013 at 12:00 PM.

16. Likes:

RedEye (08-04-2013)

My 2 fav hats are Nike dri fit and 47 brand.....they both fit perfect and both just have the good look and feel combo that is very rare to find in hats....usually you find one or the other in the look and feel department but never both.....dri fit and 47 brand have figured out a way to make a hat that fits my oddly shaped head perfect. I wear a hat each and everyday that I can amd I have been doing do for 30+ years...47 and dri fit are the best I have ever worn....

18. Likes:

RedEye (08-04-2013)

I prefer the flex fit hats which has led me to the BP styles. Upset that the new BP hats are true fitted.

20. Likes:

RedEye (08-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I prefer the flex fit hats which has led me to the BP styles. Upset that the new BP hats are true fitted.
    Flex fit rarely works for me because I have a small hat size. If they do what New Era does and produce S/M/L I am fine. If they do what most do and go one size fits all I might as well drape the hat over my shoulders.

22. Likes:

RedEye (08-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Flex fit rarely works for me because I have a small hat size. If they do what New Era does and produce S/M/L I am fine. If they do what most do and go one size fits all I might as well drape the hat over my shoulders.
    I believe they do s/m, m/l and l/xl.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I believe they do s/m, m/l and l/xl.
    One of my problems is that even s/m doesn't work for me. I need a company that makes a true small size.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    One of my problems is that even s/m doesn't work for me. I need a company that makes a true small size.
    Im the opposite, I have a huge head so its hard to find a hat to fit.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

26. Likes:

Cursh14 (08-14-2013),RedEye (08-04-2013)

Turn Off Ads?