Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where did you buy your Reds hat?

Re: Where did you buy your Reds hat?

Lidz
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Lidz
    Me, too!

Quote Originally Posted by KC2135 View Post
    To OP, I have a 59fifty black with the red bill that I've had for 4-5 years (still looks great), and this year I bought the 47 just like yours. I wear the 47 the most. I would like to get the red legs bp hat, and one of the white Independence Day hats.
    Totally. I am addicted to the '47 Brand classic Reds hat. I have to remind myself that I've got other hats to put back in the rotation. Right now I'm scoping the '47 Brand HOF hat, but I think the better half would freak out if I bought one that looks so similar to the Sandlot one I already own...

Meijer. pretty much the same cap RedEye has
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

6. Likes:

RedEye (08-05-2013)

I'm cheap when it comes to hats... no fitted (yet). All adjustable and the majority come from yearly "hat" game at GABP (this year it is white with a green wishbone C made from recycled plastic bottles):

And I wanted redsmetz cap:

when I saw it at the team shop. I just recently purchased custom Oakley prescription sunglass (white frame, red logo and blue iridium lenses) and it would look perfect! Now to get some extra money...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I have the 47 Reds as well, but I had to look all over to find one that fit my head - I had to find an XXL.

9. Likes:

RedEye (08-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Tre View Post
    Meijer. pretty much the same cap RedEye has
    For those who bought their hats at non-specialty outlets like this, I am wondering whether it has a "broken in" quality to it. I've tried to get hats a places like Kohl's and Walmart in the past, and they are always stiff as heck so that it takes at least 6 months to break them in. The thing that I love about my current model is that it arrived in the mail already softened and ready to go.

I've usually get most of mine via giveaways. I tried to get one of those black mesh batting practice caps when they first came out on Opening Day that season but they must have been all sold out so I got one that was a reasonable facsimile.

Back in the 70s when I was a shorty, it was a little tougher to get team gear than it is now. Especially when you live in Iowa and your team is 500 miles away. My grandfather knew a woman who lived in Cincinnati and actually got her to send me a Reds cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

12. Likes:

RedEye (08-05-2013)

I bought all of my caps at the Hat World outlet at the local mall except for my Stars & Stripes cap (reds.com) and my Team USA cap (mlb.com).
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

14. Likes:

RedEye (08-05-2013)

I just got the 59-50 home cap from the link I posted on the first page, and I'm very happy with it. It's real, and costs about half what you pay at the team shop in the ballpark.

I prefer the road cap, but it never hurts to have a couple of both. I'm currently working on the brim to get it just right.

There's nothing like a New Era fitted cap. You can sweat in it, wash it, beat it against a chair when the Reds lose, turn it inside-out for a rally cap... it will hold it's shape. Of course you have to have one of each (home and road) that are pristine, that is if you're a hat junkie like me. There are some that have never touched my head.

Turn Off Ads?