Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Reds v. Cardinals 8/4/13

Re: Reds v. Cardinals 8/4/13

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Who cares who was acquired? It's about who could have been. Hunter Pence, Rios, Byrd all could have been had.
    yeah, letīs overpay for some guys that make us better (but not good enough to win it all) and kill our farmsystem...

we donīt know how much walt had to pay to get one

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I think I'm kind of over this team.

4. Likes:

WVRedsFan (08-04-2013)

At least Broxton's coming back this week.

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    yeah, letīs overpay for some guys that make us better (but not good enough to win it all) and kill our farmsystem...

we donīt know how much walt had to pay to get one
    So ;lets do nothing and hope the team figures out to hit with men on base which this team has never done consistently when it counts under jacoby.. and funny how other teams can get guys in trades for prospects i never heard of!!

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Who cares who was acquired? It's about who could have been. Hunter Pence, Rios, Byrd all could have been had.
    But don't forget, Ryan Ludwick with no strength in one shoulder and a .070 batting average in the minors is going to solve all our problems.

I used to wonder how intelligent fans like the Cardinals could criticize Walt Jocketty. It's a mystery no longer. He's lazy. He'll win some trades (like the Latos one, which is by far his highlight as the Reds' GM) but he's extremely lazy overall. His usage of our 40-man roster this year is the best example. He's not even willing to "risk" losing bad players in order to put together the best 25-man roster for the Reds.

And he was completely gunshy in terms of making a trade this year before the deadline. Now he has to hope a good player clears waivers. The Reds needed another bat -- either a LF or a 3B. Anyone could see this. Not Walt.

for the love of god, do the cardinals ever stop hitting?

Lecure is regressing faster than Devo.

This has been an embarrassment.

11. Likes:

remdog (08-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Thats why they WIN so much.. the Reds are Cardinal's little sister

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    They are usually finished in mid-to-late October.

14. Likes:

RedsBrick (08-04-2013)

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Bengals' roster is looking really good. If Dalton can take that next step, look out.

Need to win that opener at Chicago. They have a new head coach and a lot of other turnover. Won't be easy, but need to get off on the right foot with that brutal schedule.

Not a huge Marvin Lewis fan, but I love both coordinators -- Gruden and Zimmer. Super Bowl will be played outdoors in New York (NJ) this season. Let's get there!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    So ;lets do nothing and hope the team figures out to hit with men on base which this team has never done consistently when it counts under jacoby.. and funny how other teams can get guys in trades for prospects i never heard of!!

so who got pence, rios and byrd for prospects you never heard off?

and if those prospect will some day hit a homerun there will be 28 threads about how bad the trade was...

and no, Iīve no hope (at the moment) that this team will turn around, but I donīt think pence, byrd or rios would make them that much better.

two td's wins this thing

It makes no difference what "they" do, it's this team that worries me. Changes have to be made, but with those big contracts handed out to Votto and Phillips (and they had to), there isn't enough money to do much, hence we get Jack Hannahan and Caesar Isturis and Xavier Paul. Of course, that doesn't explain a lot of the offensive woes.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I really hope the Pirates don't win the division. I don't give this team much of a chance of beating Wainwright in STL.

Turn Off Ads?