Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds v. Cardinals 8/4/13

Re: Reds v. Cardinals 8/4/13

I've been waiting all season for the Pirates bullpen to collapse and for the Cardinals to stop hitting with RISP, but it's obvious that it's just not going to happen.

And the Reds aren't doing themselves any favors either.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This is Votto HR time...

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    He's a six inning pitcher.
    Yeah, but Cingrani in the pen makes that a good combo. I'm all for limiting the looks a team gets at a guy during a game. I hope Cueto is back and the Reds can park 2 starters in the pen and can throw tandems at teams to change the looks mid-game and turn line-ups around. In short series situations, it's how a pen should be handled IMO. If the starter isn't really dealing, get him out after 4 or 5 and bring in another one.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    and what is cingrani? it feels like every start, he has 50 pitches after the first 2 innings
    Cingrani's just a kid. By all rights this should be in triple A year. Its not fair comparing Cingrani with Latos. Cingrani has been one of the few pllayers on this team who has stepped up this year.

Despite the bad pitching today, our offense has managed only 2 hits through 6 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    No cleanup hitter and starting LF all season
    Ace starter out a majority of season
    Two of three top bullpen guys have missed a huge part of the season
    Your Ferrari has flat tires
    I'd attribute it more to streaky offense... The Reds have had Good pitching all year in spite of those set backs. The Starting rotation is still in the top 3, the bullpen is in the top 10.

Pitching helps you not lose games, but not scoring ensures you won't win.

Red Sawks go up 2-zip on the Snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Yeah, but Cingrani in the pen makes that a good combo. I'm all for limiting the looks a team gets at a guy during a game. I hope Cueto is back and the Reds can park 2 starters in the pen and can throw tandems at teams to change the looks mid-game and turn line-ups around. In short series situations, it's how a pen should be handled IMO. If the starter isn't really dealing, get him out after 4 or 5 and bring in another one.
    This teams strength is its starting pitching. if the starters can't go 7, no amount of bullpen management is going to improve things much.

10. Likes:

SporkLover (08-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    In short series situations, it's how a pen should be handled IMO. If the starter isn't really dealing, get him out after 4 or 5 and bring in another one.
    Brucy Bochy agrees.

Dusty, notsomuch...

12. Likes:

remdog (08-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Red Sawks go up 2-zip on the Snakes.
    Et tu Dave? I guess I'm the only one around that just doesn't care about that 2nd wild card spot.

1 more K and we have to give our pizzas back to La Rosas

Cingrani's just a kid. By all rights this should be in triple A year. Its not fair comparing Cingrani with Latos. Cingrani has been one of the few pllayers on this team who has stepped up this year.
    yeah and I like the kid! Iīve no problem with him at all, heīs been pretty good for the reds..

but I canīt understand how anyone says that cingrani should start the wc game (against the cardinals) above latos...

and the argument latos is a 6 inning pitcher makes no sence

latos pitches per inning 15.9
    cingrani pitches per inning 17.6

era against cardinals

latos (19 ip) 1.42
    cingrani (5ip) 5.40

=> why should the front office start cingrani??!?!?

16. Likes:

remdog (08-04-2013)

This team is just not going to hit good pitching.

Latos is only a year and a half older than Cingrani. And I thought they were talking about whether Latos would be the better option than Cingrani against STL in the Wild Card game. Not sure how their ages factor into that discussion.

Some times you've just gotta tip your hat to the opposition. Pirates and Cardinals are better teams, and even if we win the wildcard game, it's those two you gotta face. Reds need to make some changes, but will they?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?