Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds v. Cardinals 8/4/13

Re: Reds v. Cardinals 8/4/13

Leake doesn't seem to be getting any calls on the outside corner, which is a big part of his game.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Like I care?
    Insightful reply. Very mature. Best of luck in third grade this coming school year.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Aaaaand the Reds go down in order.

I have a feeling we're going to see a complete hack-fest from the Reds today.
    Outside of the Giants series in San Fran, hasn't it seemed like the vast majority of innings go that way? Has any opposing starting pitcher recently (outside of Capuano) not gone at least 6 innings? If so, it's not many.

A lot of classy posts here today. Chill out, folks. You'll all survive.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Insightful reply. Very mature. Best of luck in third grade this coming school year.
    Have you seen some of your posts in this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    So let me follow this. If magically the bloop hit is caught, that somehow means the next 3 guys wouldn't have hit ropes?

The first inning wasn't bad luck.
    If the bloop had been caught, technically the inning would have been over. So yeah, it's true they would not have hit ropes in the first inning.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Leake looked locked in right there...but 4 runs is quite the mountain to climb for this offense.

I wonder what the Reds' record is while wearing these Red jerseys. They're certainly not my favorite. Might be time to torch 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    If the bloop had been caught, technically the inning would have been over. So yeah, it's true they would not have hit ropes in the first inning.
    And then the 2nd inning happens....

One blooper fell in and then the next 3 guys hit ropes. How is that bad luck?

Leake pitching to them in the 2nd instead of the 1st means he gets them out? How?
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I wonder what the Reds' record is while wearing these Red jerseys. They're certainly not my favorite. Might be time to torch 'em.
    The red jerseys are awesome, I think it's their record on Sunday's this year that's worse.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Wait, you mean after the third out, the Reds would have left the field? No more Cardinals would have batted that inning?

This concept is difficult for 44 to grasp.

Good God people....can we get a long just a bit?

Matt Carpenter is 0-for-his-last-21 right now and 1-for-33. That means he'll hit a homer before the day is over.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Leake looked locked in right there...but 4 runs is quite the mountain to climb for this offense.

Leake looked much more in control that inning.

And is there any way to appeal to the rain gods and just have every Sunday afternoon game postponed from here on out?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Wait, you mean after the third out, the Reds would have left the field? No more Cardinals would have batted that inning?

This concept is difficult for 44 to grasp.
    And then they bat in the 2nd inning....

Ump has a smallish zone....see if we can use it

Turn Off Ads?