Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds v. Cardinals 8/4/13

Re: Reds v. Cardinals 8/4/13

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    And then the 2nd inning happens....

One blooper fell in and then the next 3 guys hit ropes. How is that bad luck?

Leake pitching to them in the 2nd instead of the 1st means he gets them out? How?
    Nobody knows what happens in that case. Maybe the reds aren't dejected about being down 4-0 in the first, and have better at bats. Maybe Leake pitches like he just did in the 2nd and gets the 456 hitters out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

And then the 2nd inning happens....

One blooper fell in and then the next 3 guys hit ropes. How is that bad luck?

Leake pitching to them in the 2nd instead of the 1st means he gets them out? How?
    Four runs wound up scoring in the first inning. None would have scored if a bloop hadn't fallen in for a hit. That doesn't mean the runs that happened after the bloop were bad luck, but if not for the bad luck with 2 outs, the inning would have been over without any damage done. Don't know how that could be argued.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Pointing to luck when a guy gives up three shots to me is hilariously short sighted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Lots of acrimony today. Frustrating start to what seems like a loss.

We're all on the same team here...maybe we should try something other than internecine warfare. And it may be that I might not be the best messenger for peace. But I did try.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

And then they bat in the 2nd inning....
    The same thing is not guaranteed to happen. I hate when people use that logic. If Leake gets that third out in the first inning (the blooper) there is no guarantee that Holliday, Freese and Adams are going to go up there and do the exact same thing in the second inning as they did in the first. Bottom line: the lucky bloop hit changed that inning completely. Not even up for debate.

Carpenter with a web gem but Lynn nor Craig covers 1st

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    You have to find a stat that justifies your frustration.
    I think people would just rather posters not vent their frustration in the way it was vented.

This is kind of a big game for the Reds. A chance to finally win a series agains a winning club and the Cardinals. It could be a huge turning point for the team. I totally understand the frustration from some. But this is baseball and anything can happen. Just chip away, hang in there. Who knows, we could stumble into the playoffs like the cardinals have done in the wild card spot and take it all. In a few month we won't have any of this, and it will be cold and miserable. Enjoy all of this while you can.

Leake not fooling anyone + the best hitting team in the NL = what we get today. Leake has got to be better to beat this team. Reds hitters have got to score a lot of runs today unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Leake looked much more in control that inning.

And is there any way to appeal to the rain gods and just have every Sunday afternoon game postponed from here on out?
    Still too many balls in the air. That is indicative of a bad outing for Leake.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    The same thing is not guaranteed to happen. I hate when people use that logic.
    Giving up three consecutive shots is not bad luck. Bloopers fall in every game in baseball. Get the next guy out. Or the next guy. Or don't give up a homer to the next guy.

It wasn't bad luck at all. It was bad pitching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Frazier is pushing a Drew Stubbs 0-32 stretch. How about we not get there, k? K...

Frazier with a ridiculous swing

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Insightful reply. Very mature. Best of luck in third grade this coming school year.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Frazier is pushing a Drew Stubbs 0-32 stretch. How about we not get there, k? K...
    I've been thinking that....Stubbs just kept leading off

Turn Off Ads?