Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Fall League 2013 Info

Re: Arizona Fall League 2013 Info

It appears as if they are stretching out Michael Lorenzen. He went 65 pitches tonight. 65 pretty crappy pitches. Final line: 3.2 IP 8H 4R 4ER 1BB 2K.

Yorman Rodriguez has singled in three trips. Travis Mattair is hitless in three at-bats. Tucker Barnhart is 0-2 with a walk.

2. Likes:

dougdirt (10-22-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I haven't checked Pitch f/x - but I bet you have Doug. Are they making Lorenzen work on secondary pitches? Is that why he is getting bombed? Or is he just not spotting his stuff well? He seems to be getting shellacked pretty regularly. Is there a reason to be concerned here?
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I haven't checked Pitch f/x - but I bet you have Doug. Are they making Lorenzen work on secondary pitches? Is that why he is getting bombed? Or is he just not spotting his stuff well? He seems to be getting shellacked pretty regularly. Is there a reason to be concerned here?
    He has only had one game so far with PFX running, but I think we can easily figure out why he is getting hammered by looking at his walk rate. He is missing his spots. Add that in with a place where the ball flies and him working on a change up and it comes wrapped in a nice package of guys squaring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He has only had one game so far with PFX running, but I think we can easily figure out why he is getting hammered by looking at his walk rate. He is missing his spots. Add that in with a place where the ball flies and him working on a change up and it comes wrapped in a nice package of guys squaring it up.
    Fatigued? the reason he's missing.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    Fatigued? the reason he's missing.
    It is possible, but he walked a bunch of guys in Bakersfield and Pensacola too.

I haven't been able to watch him out there,so I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That 0.6 K/BB tells a tale for sure.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

http://mlb.mlb.com/milb/stats/stats....ddwin_perwin_1

Yorman was 1-5 with an RBI, and was the only position player to get into the game.

Sharky pitched two perfect innings with 3 strikeouts.

Drew Hayes had one perfect inning with a strikeout.

Here is a video that talks about the Reds prospects in Arizona:

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id...pic_id=7617858

Yorman has an easy glide on the bases.

I wonder what talk has gone into making him a little stronger. Of course that will come eventually, but he looks like he's ready to add that next step of muscle in the next year or so.

Kinda wish Lorenzen didn't go to AFL, all of a sudden a good looking prospect looks like crap.

http://mlb.mlb.com/milb/stats/stats....rrwin_gddwin_1

Yorman: 1-4, R, SB was the DH
    Mattair: 0-2, BB as 3B
    Barnhart: 1-3 as catcher

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Kinda wish Lorenzen didn't go to AFL, all of a sudden a good looking prospect looks like crap.
    The purpose of the league is to give prospects experience against other top prospects. It's not to put up shiny stats.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The purpose of the league is to give prospects experience against other top prospects. It's not to put up shiny stats.
    Not everyone in the AFL is a top prospect. A big chunk of this league is never going to play in MLB.

If Lorenzen doesn't right himself before the end of the AFL season, this will be a terrible disappointment. I'm guessing there's not a long list of players who flopped in the AFL and then went on to be impact players in MLB.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Not everyone in the AFL is a top prospect. A big chunk of this league is never going to play in MLB.

If Lorenzen doesn't right himself before the end of the AFL season, this will be a terrible disappointment. I'm guessing there's not a long list of players who flopped in the AFL and then went on to be impact players in MLB.

I think it's very important to note that the Reds are using this time, to convert Lorenzen to being a starting pitcher. He is working on a third pitch, and getting his body use to the schedule of a starting pitcher for the first time ever.

17. Likes:

REDREAD (11-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post

Mike Trout hit .245 in the AFL in 2011. Mike Trout was the best player in baseball in 2012.

Lorenzen's throwing more pitches than he's ever thrown and is likely throwing a bunch of off speed pitches he's not yet comfortable with. His stats are pretty close to irrelevant IMO.

19. Likes:

BillDoran (10-27-2013),camisadelgolf (10-28-2013),dougdirt (10-27-2013),Edd Roush (10-27-2013)

Turn Off Ads?