Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Fall League 2013 Info

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Arizona Fall League 2013 Info

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Y-Rod homers. He could be the toolsy type who comes fast when the light clicks on. Could he be an option in CF if Hamilton still struggles to get on base? I'd prefer an established player to either of them, just wondering if his CF days are long gone?
    He can still play CF. He is a plus runner at this point still.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Y-Rod with a double in his second PA. Barnhart 1-1 with a single so far as well.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Tucker Barnhart is 2 for 2. 2 singles and 2 walks. Rodriguez flied out, struck out and then lined hard to right. He is 2-5 so far.

Where would a strong AFL season put Y-rod on the prospects list?

6. Likes:

Nasty Boys (10-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    Where would a strong AFL season put Y-rod on the prospects list?
    That probably depends on where you rank him right now. I don't think he could do much to move up any further on my list in the AFL unless he goes out and simply doesn't strike out hardly at all. With that said, I already have him ranked pretty highly in my list. So he would have to show a big change in skillset and given how the ball flies in the AFL, I want to see something that isn't a byproduct of the environment. That means either a big jump in walk rate or drop off in strikeout rate.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That probably depends on where you rank him right now. I don't think he could do much to move up any further on my list in the AFL unless he goes out and simply doesn't strike out hardly at all. With that said, I already have him ranked pretty highly in my list. So he would have to show a big change in skillset and given how the ball flies in the AFL, I want to see something that isn't a byproduct of the environment. That means either a big jump in walk rate or drop off in strikeout rate.
    Let's say Y-Rod ends up being a top 5 hitter in the AFL would he break top 100 MLB prospect rankings going into 2014? What if he ended up as AFL MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Let's say Y-Rod ends up being a top 5 hitter in the AFL would he break top 100 MLB prospect rankings going into 2014? What if he ended up as AFL MVP?
    No and no. Unless he just goes out and does something crazy like cuts his strikeout rate to 10-15% or something and shows a drastic jump in skillset. An MVP will do nothing at all for his prospect stock as teams, nor scouts, care about things like that. They care about projectable skills.Yorman Rodriguez has those, but everyone already knows that. He will need to show a different skillset than ones he has shown in the past. I don't think going on a power binge will do it because of how the ball flies there, so really the only other options are boosting a walk rate or cutting down the strikeout rate. His walk rate is already solid, though I will gladly accept improvements. It is the strikeout rate that needs the most improvement.

Here is the link for tonight's game:http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/y2010...1&mode=preview

Yorman is listed in CF, and batting 4th. Mattair is at 1B, and batting 5th.

First time through the lineup, Yorman hit a sac fly to center and Mattair lined out to second base.

Both ground out to short the second time up. Yorman with the bases loaded and two outs. Mattair leading off the next inning.
    Last edited by texasdave; 10-11-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Loving that he's in CF.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Yorman Rodriguez ends up 0-3 with a sac fly. Mattair goes 0-3 with a walk. Drew Hayes throws 27 pitches to get through the ninth. He gives up a single and strikes out two.

No games scheduled on the 12th or 13th.

Should we just toss all winter league info into this thread? Venezuela and Mexico are underway as well.

16. Likes:

mace (10-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Should we just toss all winter league info into this thread? Venezuela and Mexico are underway as well.
    Agree 100%...

Whatever happened to Sebastian Elizalde, the outfielder signed from the Mexican League?

Turn Off Ads?