Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Superfan Chuck Dee Trouble at GABP?

Re: Reds Superfan Chuck Dee Trouble at GABP?

Chuck D has never bothered me at the games before. He is a little amusing actually. But then again I have never sat close to him either.

Personally I think GABP could use a bit more excitement amongst the fans like you see in most other ballparks. More energy in the crowd lends a little moral support to the team.

2. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-06-2013), KittyDuran (08-06-2013), Redeyecat (08-05-2013), Wonderful Monds (08-05-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Chuck D has never bothered me at the games before. He is a little amusing actually. But then again I have never sat close to him either.

Personally I think GABP could use a bit more excitement amongst the fans like you see in most other ballparks. More energy in the crowd lends a little moral support to the team.
    "I thought you had to sit on your hands for the entire game?"

- everyone from Cincinnati ever
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

5. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (08-05-2013)

No way you'd say this if you have ever witenessed the ninth inning of a home Chapman save in person. And if you haven't you have no room to talk.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    No way you'd say this if you have ever witenessed the ninth inning of a home Chapman save in person. And if you haven't you have no room to talk.
    Chapman has helped inject a lot of energy into the 9th inning for sure. Too bad it took such a dynamic flamethrower to wake up the crowd.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

So, he wasn't kicked out? And there's a 3-page thread on a Reds fan NOT being kicked out.

Yessir!

Chuck D tweeted that he won't be attending any more Reds games until he gets an apology call from someone with the Reds. I've liked Chuck D ever since the 2010 Jay Bruce division-clinching walk-off game. He can be seen in several angles of the home run jumping up and down in pure joy. I love his passion.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Chuck D tweeted that he won't be attending any more Reds games until he gets an apology call from someone with the Reds. I've liked Chuck D ever since the 2010 Jay Bruce division-clinching walk-off game. He can be seen in several angles of the home run jumping up and down in pure joy. I love his passion.
    Sounds like he's taking himself a bit too seriously.

If he was that big of a fan he's go back regardless of some random Reds person apologizing.

Someone cheering for the home team should never be ridiculed unless is he is being aggressive towards others or using a lot of profanity.

I haven't seen any reason here for the Reds staff to tell him or others to shut up.

The Cardinal fans can have their shell when they go back to Busch.

13. Likes:

Chip R (08-06-2013), HeatherC1212 (08-06-2013), KittyDuran (08-06-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Sounds like he's taking himself a bit too seriously.
    I suspect life at the stadium will go on.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

15. Likes:

coachpipe (08-06-2013), redsfanmia (08-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I suspect life at the stadium will go on.
    I'm fairly certain you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Was his kid with him?

For better or worse, I enjoy him. He helps keep me positive.
    It's not his kid. I met the guy who is the older brother of the kid that is his superfan prodigy
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    It's not his kid. I met the guy who is the older brother of the kid that is his superfan prodigy
    At any rate, good to see that our superfan farm system has a top prospect.

19. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (08-06-2013), OGB (08-21-2013), tomnuetten (08-06-2013)

I find Chuck Dee fairly entertaining, but I am always sitting far, far away from him.

The fans I do find incredibly annoying are the ones who yell at me to sit down while Chapman is on the mound closing out a victory in the 9th inning. If you physically are not capable of standing, then they have seating for that in the stadium, oh and how did you get 25 rows up in the View Level in the first place?
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Now he seems like he feels entitled to something..I hate cheerleaders

Turn Off Ads?