Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PEDs: Do players have code words?

PEDs: Do players have code words?

How do the PED dealers and PED users hook up initially? Is there some kind of underground railroad or code system in baseball that only the players are in on? How do they know what to use and where to get it? It's not a coincidence that these players ended up at the same place, so they have to be interacting with each other, right? How do they know which players to interact with and who to avoid? There has to be a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff going on among players, so how do the users hide it from the non-users, and know who is who?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: PEDs: Do players have code words?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    How do the PED dealers and PED users hook up initially? Is there some kind of underground railroad or code system in baseball that only the players are in on? How do they know what to use and where to get it? It's not a coincidence that these players ended up at the same place, so they have to be interacting with each other, right? How do they know which players to interact with and who to avoid? There has to be a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff going on among players, so how do the users hide it from the non-users, and know who is who?
    Agents would probably be a good place to start and a lot of the guys on the Biogensis list had a common agency.

But it isn't difficult to know where to go looking. Rapper 50 Cent was using HGH through aging clinics a while ago. It was a fairly common story.

Some friends I went to college with were huge workout buffs. They knew a few guys in med school and they were able to get plenty of HGH with ease through them because they had access to it at the hospital they worked at.

It's much easier to obtain than you think.

One time during an intramural softball game one of those friends smacked an oppo homerun. We all chanted "HGH" when he reached home. Not sure if the other team thought it was serious or not, but it was really funny at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Agents would probably be a good place to start and a lot of the guys on the Biogensis list had a common agency.

But it isn't difficult to know where to go looking. Rapper 50 Cent was using HGH through aging clinics a while ago. It was a fairly common story.
    Thanks, Doug. I'm not familiar with that story. I doubt rappers/singers have any drug testing though.

Did the players involved in the west coast-originated scandal (Bonds, Canseco, McGwire, etc) have the same agency connections also? Clemens, Palmeiro, Sosa, etc, didn't have west coast ties, but what about their agents? What common factor tied those players together in the way the current scandal's players are linked?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Thanks, Doug. I'm not familiar with that story. I doubt rappers/singers have any drug testing though.

Did the players involved in the west coast-originated scandal (Bonds, Canseco, McGwire, etc) have the same agency connections also? Clemens, Palmeiro, Sosa, etc, didn't have west coast ties, but what about their agents? What common factor tied those players together in the way the current scandal's players are linked?
    I'm sure they don't have drug testing (or there wouldn't be much music). But yeah, the point was more so that people knew exactly where to look and it wasn't too difficult to know where to go.

I don't think Bonds was connected at all to Canseco/McGwire given that they were both using 10+ years before Bonds began (or so the accepted timelines suggest).

There are more guys out there using in baseball right now. We just don't know about them because one of their players hasn't screwed up and gotten the entire place taken down yet.

"John has a long moustache."
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

8. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-05-2013),cumberlandreds (08-06-2013)

"What's the frequency Kenneth?"

10. Likes:

Always Red (08-05-2013),reds44 (08-05-2013),Tom Servo (08-06-2013),Wonderful Monds (08-05-2013)

"I just got a new shipment of HGH, let's take some."

(From my experience, baseball players aren't that clever.)
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

12. Likes:

klw (08-06-2013),Wonderful Monds (08-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    "John has a long moustache."
    "The chair is against the wall."
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

14. Likes:

Big Klu (08-06-2013)

"We'll have the watch ready for you at midnight.......the watch.....the Chinese watch"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

16. Likes:

redsmetz (08-06-2013)

How do the PED dealers and PED users hook up initially?
    I think they whistle while in the bathroom stalls. Try it and see if you get any interest.

Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I think they whistle while in the bathroom stalls. Try it and see if you get any interest.
    ahhhh, perhaps that senator in Minneapolis was just looking for some 'roids.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

New York, I'm sure you played sports in some capacity growing up, in high school, whatever. As you know, teammates get really close to each other, really fast. You start talking about everything in the world. Personal issues. The typical "locker room talk."

I've always thought the players just talk to each other about it very openly. They might see a teammate who's jacked and ask "What's your secret?" and it goes from there.

Yes, agents could be involved like Doug said, but I think it's mostly teammates "helping" other teammates.

"I am not a trained medical professional but would you like me to give you a Vitamin B injection"

Turn Off Ads?