Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do the Reds have a case of the "Bungles?"

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

Re: Do the Reds have a case of the "Bungles?"

Good thoughts all, I tend to agree that overall this season comes down to health of the talent we have and a lack of talent to replace it.

Thank you for elaborating Doug, and I agree to a point with you. I never meant to imply the Cards are in the entire teams' head, but when you have guys making comments like "they have us mostly figured out, and we need to figure them out..." that makes me wonder (I paraphrased a bit but I believe that was Leake who said that).

RedlegJake, and Commander Cody, no question injuries have really hurt the Reds this year. They were very fortunate to not have so many injuries to so many key pieces of the team last year. (minus losing Votto, but Ludwick and Frazier performed admirably to replace his bat)

At any rate, I've enjoyed reading responses so far, thanks all!

2. Turn Off Ads?

No Mike Brown for the Reds, so no.

Bob doesn't handicap his own team for personal profit, so no.

Bob doesn't sit in on coaches meetings and suggest that they "try Votto in CF", so no.

Bob doesn't create a culture of losing, so no.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

The Reds won the title multiple times

Mike Brown isnīt the owner

although itīs a small market team, they have a pretty good fanbase

how many Reds player went to jail?

=> no, they are not the bungles

but after all I think Mike Brown changed his approach a little (!!!) bit, they started to draft some guys that can actually play the game... they started to get rid off trouble makers and they got a pretty good team..

perhaps theyīll be someday a little bit more like the reds

At the end of this season, the Reds will likly have made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years.

How can anyone say that's a failure?

The loss of Ludwick was huge to the offense this year. The Reds had contingency plans to cover the pitching injuries, but you can't plan for every possible injury.
    Ludwick's loss was huge. I am optimistic that he will give them a presence which will give them the percieved "swagger" back. Frasier also seems to be hitting better of late too. And of course Mez has played well since the AS break. That might be enough RH hitting to carry them through the playoffs.

It's obvious this team does not give up when facing tough competition. They are fighting, it's just the Cards and Pirates are very good teams too. This team has a great makeup.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?