Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know of side jobs?

Anyone know of side jobs?

Does anyone on here know of any ways to make extra income?

Like most people I struggle to make ends meat at the end of the month. I work a full time job. Monday-Thursday 7-530 and Friday 7-12. So working anything else during the week is just our of the question. And I still want to keep my weekends( I know, Im picky for someone who is looking for extra income)

But does anyone know of anything online(since im at a computer all day anyway it would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone)

Ive heard of online surveys, I just dont know which ones might be the best to go with. An extra $100 a week would be a perfect start

If anyone knows of anything that would be great

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone know of side jobs?

What is minimum wage now? I know you don't want to work weekends, but if you can could work 8 hours on friday after your regular job, and another 8 on either saturday or sunday, making $8 an hour you could clear roughly $100 after taxes depending no how much you make at your primary job. That would still give you saturday or sunday evening, plus all of either saturday or sunday.

My current job will end up being my career. Im currently making great money. but my expenses add up every month(rent,car payment, insurance, internet/cable, cell phone, gas and groceries) and on top of that college debt doesnt help much. But im an idiot and refuse to work for minimum wage anywhere. especially since im making more than twice that at my current job. I know a job is a job and not to be picky, but i am and for some stupid reason Ive just held myself to higher standard than to go work for someone for **** pay (I know I know..I suck)

Thats why im hoping to find something I could do online while doing my other job. Just to pay off some of my expenses. Like gas and groceries each week.

It's all about perspective brother. You say minimum wage is bleep pay, but there are some around you think that making only double minimum wage is bleep pay too. Other thins minimum wage is good pay. Don't let yourself get too high and mighty especially if you've got a lot of debt like the student loans. Decide whats important, paying off the bills or 'ego'? Doesn't mean you have to flip burgers, there are lots of options out there if you're willing to put forth the effort to find them.

Keep it in perspective.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

It sounds like your reaching for a standard that may not be able to obtain. You want a part time job, you want to work plush hours and you want to make great pay. Those jobs are typically only earned after you've spent 25-30+ years in a business and your experience is your selling point as a consultant that can work part time and charge great rates.

There is nothing wrong with working for minimum wage, especially if you're only trying to get another $100 a week.

Here's a nother solution, since it sounds like you're pretty young, you say you don't want to work weekends. Why? Is it because you like to have fun on weekends? having fun when your young often means spending money on things that aren't exactly tangible or long lasting (like having 12 beers at a bar when 4 beers would have been cheaper and left you feeling better in the morning, not saying that's your thing, just an example from when I was younger and had less responsibilities on a saturday or sunday morning) Try cutting back on your expenses, it may be your simpliest route to picking up that extra $100 a week. Cell phone plans, dining out, entertainment, cable, etc.. are all things you can trim back.

Sitting here at 36, I often wonder why I so willing spent $40 to $120 a weekend to play 1 or 2 rounds of golf when I was 26. Add up 16 weeks of golf season a year, trim that in half and I'd have a lot more money in my stock portfolio today. Hindsight is 20/20.

7. Likes:

redsfanmia (08-06-2013),wolfboy (08-08-2013)

So you want to get paid to do a second job while your working at your 1st job?

That sounds good. If you work that out let us all know.

Why is working at all on week nights out? When my wife was on maternity leave I worked 2 maybe 3 nights a week after my regular job. Didn't seem that bad.

I don't know what your background is but if you got a job at say a Fed Ex Kinkos or something you could work a couple 6pm-10pm shifts during the week and a 1pm - 7 or 8 pm on Friday. I think they make more like $10 an hour so you could easily get to your $100 a week.

It doesn't have to be that but a job with those hours could be had and you'd have your weekends.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Look into officiating.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

10. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-07-2013),LexRedsFan (08-07-2013)

I told you guys I was picky. I dont want to work weekends because well I dont want to work weekends. Those are mine and im not giving them away for any amount of money..I dont drink so Spending money on the weekends doesnt really happen unless I take my girlfriend out to dinner. I dont want to work a night job because I need my sleep. I already have a hard enough time waking up at 6 am in the first place and I go to bed at 10-1030 every night. I also have a dog(and I live in an apartment) so she needs to be walked, and usually for an hour when I get off work. So by the time I walk her, eat dinner, work out and shower it is already almost 9. May be terrible excuses but they are what they are and working extra hours to get little to no money isnt something im willing to do.

Like I said an extra $100 isnt really that much to ask for. Or if you want to look at it another way. Save $100. Anyone coupon? or anything like that ? saving on groceries would be great. I shop as light as I can getting lunch meat and dinner for the week and Its $80-100 every week

All I really meant by side jobs is paid surveys or something ONLINE that can give me a little extra cash at the end of the week/month. Something to pay for my gas or some of my groceries. Its not like im asking for $15 an hour for doing nothing. Im just wondering if anyone knows of any survey websites that actually pay decent. Ive seen some that pay 10 cents per survey and heard of ones that pay $1-15 per survey. Im just looking for something along those lines
    Last edited by coachpipe; 08-07-2013 at 08:25 AM.

I know you are looking for something online, but I recently decided to get a side job on top of my 8-5 job and found a delivery driver job at Jimmy Johns that fits what I was looking for perfectly.

They offer 5:30-9pm shifts during the week. $7.50/hr + tips. I usually work an extra 10-12 hours a week and make around $100 a week. It is easy and the time flies by while you are there. You also get to make your own sub, which is a nice little perk.

13. Likes:

coachpipe (08-07-2013),LexRedsFan (08-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    I told you guys I was picky. I dont want to work weekends because well I dont want to work weekends. Those are mine and im not giving them away for any amount of money..I dont drink so Spending money on the weekends doesnt really happen unless I take my girlfriend out to dinner. I dont want to work a night job because I need my sleep. I already have a hard enough time waking up at 6 am in the first place and I go to bed at 10-1030 every night. I also have a dog(and I live in an apartment) so she needs to be walked, and usually for an hour when I get off work. So by the time I walk her, eat dinner, work out and shower it is already almost 9. May be terrible excuses but they are what they are and working extra hours to get little to no money isnt something im willing to do.

Like I said an extra $100 isnt really that much to ask for. Or if you want to look at it another way. Save $100. Anyone coupon? or anything like that ? saving on groceries would be great. I shop as light as I can getting lunch meat and dinner for the week and Its $80-100 every week

All I really meant by side jobs is paid surveys or something ONLINE that can give me a little extra cash at the end of the week/month. Something to pay for my gas or some of my groceries. Its not like im asking for $15 an hour for doing nothing. Im just wondering if anyone knows of any survey websites that actually pay decent. Ive seen some that pay $1-3 per survey and heard of ones that pay $5-15 per survey. Im just looking for something along those lines
    Your best bet is cutting expenses. Buy things on sale. Use coupons. Analyze all your discretionary spending and see if there's a few things you can cut down on. Just overall spending less money. If you're diligent, it can be done. You just have to make sure to be diligent, because it's easy to start cutting down, then two or three months later you've laxed and you're back to spending the same amount as you are now.

You might also qualify for some tax breaks that you may not know about. Are you able to claim the saver's credit, or are you close to being able to claim the saver's credit? If you're contributing to a retirement plan (and you should be) and if you can get your AGI below $29,500 through deductions, you might be able to claim part of the credit. Even the smallest portion is an extra $200 in your pocket at tax refund time. That's just an example of something that's worth looking into.

My guess is many of those online things you're asking about aren't terribly legitimate. If they were legit, a whole bunch of people would probably already be doing them. There are product survey focus groups you can try to latch on to, but they require time outside your working hours and they're inconsistent on how often you're able to land them.

Lastly, just know that the key to saving money and building wealth isn't what you earn, but it's what you keep.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

15. Likes:

coachpipe (08-07-2013)

We had a guy who was doing a little internet work while on the clock at my job. When the boss found out about it the guy was fired on the spot. I don't have any idea what would happen at your job. But that is something you might want to keep in mind.

I wouldnt get fired...And it was actually something my boss brought up when I asked him about extra income. Hes a great man.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    I wouldnt get fired...And it was actually something my boss brought up when I asked him about extra income. Hes a great man.
    Maybe you should just ask him to pay you an extra $100 per week.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

19. Likes:

danken12 (08-12-2013),TSJ55 (08-08-2013)

If you really want to cut costs, dump cable. If you are in a bundle you might not be saving much by getting rid of cable but otherwise between cell, internet, and cable, you should be able to dump something and save a nice chunk. 15 years ago I moonlighted as a waiter two nights a week (Thursday, Sunday). I usually made around $100 a shift which gave me the cash for the week, paid groceries and let me put aside some cash into an emergency fund. It was not a big hassle, did not interfere with my career job, and I enjoyed the people I worked with.
    Last edited by klw; 08-07-2013 at 09:26 AM.

21. Likes:

coachpipe (08-07-2013),TSJ55 (08-08-2013)

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Sell stuff on ebay/amazon. If you don't have enough of your own stuff to sell, rummage through your family and friends stuff (you can offer them to split the money somehow).

I raise anywhere from $500-$1000 every year when I do my annual sell-offs.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Turn Off Ads?