Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cincinnati Bell Fioptics vs DirecTV

Cincinnati Bell Fioptics vs DirecTV

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could help me out. I moved out a few years ago and went with a DirecTV and Zoomtown bundle that was the cheapest I could find for both services. Anyways, I moved again between then and now and got the Cincinnati Bell Fioptics internet, but the bundle with DirecTV is no longer in effect. Long story short, I am satisfied with both Fioptics internet and DirecTV, however both services are now pretty pricey. DirecTV has me at about $110 a month because I have the lowest channel package that includes FSO and they fee you for each tv you have.

I saw that Cincinnati Bell Fioptics tv has a lot of the same features as DirecTV and their channel packages that include FSO and MLB Network are cheaper than DirecTV. Of course, it is the introductory price. Anways, I was wondering if anyone out there has Cincinnati Bell Fioptics tv and could give me a review on it. Do they fee you for each tv? If so, around how much per tv? Is the DVR and channels satisfactory? I know my DirecTV dvr and channels go out sometimes which is annoying. Also, around how much to expect for increasing after a year of the introductory, promotional price?

I have googled this service already, but the normally bad reviews about it are from 2009 and 2010.

Thanks.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cincinnati Bell Fioptics vs DirecTV

I wouldn't get the TV option from Cincinnati Bell unless they offer up the old cable options that they used to offer instead of the internet tv they offer now.
    We had that IPTV junk they offer now for a few weeks before switching to the DirecTV package.

The quality was horrible and it feeds of your internet bandwidth so the more tvs you have on the slower your Internet is going to be.
    The problem we had is even when we had our tvs off the internet was still so much slower than what we were supposed to get and that was even after we upgraded to 50 mbps.

This was about a year ago when we tried it out, so maybe they fixed it.
    I know we probably won't get tv from them again unless they offer up an option that doesn't feed of your internet.

Re: Cincinnati Bell Fioptics vs DirecTV

The TV is ok but I have an original install RF cable feed rather than IPTV. The internet is unbeatable. As for multiple set fees, I only have one tv so I don't know. I do know I hate my DVR, but the only time that hasn't been the case was when I had Dish and i hated their service.

Turn Off Ads?