Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 243

Thread: Reds vs A's...Game 1

  1. #151
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,403

    Re: Reds vs A's...Game 1

    I'm sure Dusty starting the runner with one of the best hitters in baseball at the plate was somehow a bad move, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #152
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,467

    Re: Reds vs A's...Game 1

    Robinson would probably like to play a little better with an outfield spot disappearing soon.

  4. #153
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,347

    Re: Reds vs A's...Game 1

    Stop stealing bases, stop hitting and running, just stop. You're all awful at it. Take a page out of Trader Jack's book and use the middle innings for a bracing nap or a fine stogie.

  5. Likes:

    Always Red (08-06-2013), Tom Servo (08-06-2013)

  6. #154
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,467

    Re: Reds vs A's...Game 1

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I'm sure Dusty starting the runner with one of the best hitters in baseball at the plate was somehow a bad move, right?
    I have no problem starting the runner. I have a problem with such a fast guy having such poor base running skills.

  7. #155
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,403

    Re: Reds vs A's...Game 1

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I have no problem starting the runner. I have a problem with such a fast guy having such poor base running skills.
    How is that on Robinson? He wasn't stealing, it was a hit and run. His job is not to get picked off.

    If you're going to blame anybody, you blame Votto.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  8. #156
    Member tomnuetten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Freiburg (Germany)
    Posts
    1,218

    Re: Reds vs A's...Game 1

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I'm sure Dusty starting the runner with one of the best hitters in baseball at the plate was somehow a bad move, right?
    Im not high on the running game (especially not with this team), but if you want to blame its robinson for his bad "start"...

    robinson showed some bad baserunning before...

  9. #157
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,187

    Re: Reds vs A's...Game 1

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I'm sure Dusty starting the runner with one of the best hitters in baseball at the plate was somehow a bad move, right?
    I'd just assume they play station to station. Team gives up way too many outs on the base paths.

    My opinion only.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  10. Likes:

    thatcoolguy_22 (08-07-2013)

  11. #158
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,403

    Re: Reds vs A's...Game 1

    Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    Im not high on the running game (especially not with this team), but if you want to blame its robinson for his bad "start"...
    No. It wasn't a steal. The last person it's on is Robinson.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  12. #159
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,467

    Re: Reds vs A's...Game 1

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    How is that on Robinson? He wasn't stealing, it was a hit and run. His job is not to get picked off.

    If you're going to blame anybody, you blame Votto.
    That jump was terrible. Just absolutely terrible. Unless Votto gets on base that is an automatic out. A good base runner should at least make it close, especially on a breaking ball.

    Edit: nitpicking a bit, but that was a run and hit, not a hit and run.

  13. #160
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,403

    Re: Reds vs A's...Game 1

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    That jump was terrible. Just absolutely terrible. Unless Votto gets on base that is an automatic out. A good base runner should at least make t close, especially on a breaking ball.
    I'm sorry, but do you understand the point of starting the runner on a 3-2 pitch? Robinson's one job was to not get picked off. The point of starting the runner is not to steal. If Votto strikes out, it's likely going to be a double play. You're wagering that Votto isn't going to strike out.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  14. #161
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South of Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,158

    Re: Reds vs A's...Game 1

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    How is that on Robinson? He wasn't stealing, it was a hit and run. His job is not to get picked off.

    If you're going to blame anybody, you blame Votto.
    His lead and jump were atrocious. Yes, Votto shares responsibility, but that kid got thrown out by 10 feet. With his speed, that's not good.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

  15. #162
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,467

    Re: Reds vs A's...Game 1

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I'm sorry, but do you understand the point of starting the runner on a 3-2 pitch? Robinson's one job was to not get picked off. The point of starting the runner is not to steal. If Votto strikes out, it's likely going to be a double play. You're wagering that Votto isn't going to strike out.
    Yes, I absolutely understand the point of starting the runner. Not, IMO, what was going on there.

  16. #163
    Member tomnuetten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Freiburg (Germany)
    Posts
    1,218

    Re: Reds vs A's...Game 1

    nice inning for latos

  17. #164
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,403

    Re: Reds vs A's...Game 1

    Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    His lead and jump were atrocious. Yes, Votto shares responsibility, but that kid got thrown out by 10 feet. With his speed, that's not good.
    He has been a bad base stealer up here, especially with his speed.

    That one wasn't on him, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  18. #165
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,403

    Re: Reds vs A's...Game 1

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Yes, I absolutely understand the point of starting the runner. Not, IMO, what was going on there.
    If you think Robinson was running to steal there, I'm not sure what to tell you.

    There's not a chance that's what he was doing with how bad of a jump he had. He wouldn't have went.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25