Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it bad to think a player is using PEDs when their production drops/increases.....

Re: Is it bad to think a player is using PEDs when their production drops/increases..

At the end of "Superman II," after Superman (played by Christopher Reeve) regains his super powers, as Clark Kent he confronts the jerk in the diner who had previously beaten him up when Kent was without his powers. This time the jerk is quickly whipped, as when he hits Kent in the stomach he finds it is like hitting steel, followed by Kent shoving him down the counter.
    Clark Kent then apologizes for the mess. Seeing the look of disbelief on the faces of the others in the diner, Kent says he has been "working out' and makes a brief movement as if he was doing an overhead press.
    Given the denial of some people of the effects of PEDS upon athletic performance, I expect had they been in that diner they would have immediately accepted Clark Kent's explanation.
    Barry Bonds had the four greatest seasons any hitter has ever had at ages 36 through 39, but I guess he had just been "working out" and PEDS did not at all contribute to his attaining new heights in his career at an age when most Hall of Famers are in steep decline if not already retired.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar

Re: Is it bad to think a player is using PEDs when their production drops/increases..

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Or it's a witch. Or a piece of wood.
    Or a very small rock.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Turn Off Ads?