Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: A Little More From Joey V

Re: A Little More From Joey V

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    votto trustīs his teammates, he donīt want to make outs => the inning continues and men get on base

if balls are out of the strike zone => donīt hit it... if theres a good pitch to hit, hit it...

heīs been great offensively (I donīt care how many rbi he has)... defensively heīs been not as good as he can
    Agree; Votto will see less to hit and the best player in MLB history would have taken a walk every single at-bat.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think Dusty really needs to sit him once Ludwick comes back so he gets more rest. He often looks drawn and slightly worn out. Occasionally sitting him down the stretch will be important, especially if the division and first wildcard get far out of reach and we maintain a lead on the 2nd wild card.

I really can't believe people are still bringing RBI's up as a criticism of Joey Votto.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

5. Likes:

Always Red (08-07-2013),Big Klu (08-07-2013),HeatherC1212 (08-07-2013),Larkin Fan (08-07-2013),OC_Red (08-07-2013),Raisor (08-07-2013),RedEye (08-08-2013),reds1869 (08-07-2013),Tom Servo (08-07-2013),UC_Ken (08-07-2013)

Can I agree with the original poster that if the Reds are gonna make a leap in the standings it's prolly going to be because of a Joey Votto outburst while also not thinking it's an RBI issue?

7. Likes:

Always Red (08-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Can I agree with the original poster that if the Reds are gonna make a leap in the standings it's prolly going to be because of a Joey Votto outburst while also not thinking it's an RBI issue?
    I don't think it has to be that. Votto is one of a few players in the lineup (Phillips and Frazier) who I think can preform better, as well as LF when Ludwick returns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    I really can't believe people are still bringing RBI's up as a criticism of Joey Votto.
    It's a lack of knowledge on how runs are really created.

RBI have been the indicator of "production" for so long that people just don't see how flawed it is.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    There's only so much Joey can do. Numbers are suppressed this year. There isn't a single NL player with an OPS over 1.000.

I didnt have any problems with his offense last night. Or rarely ever.

But his defense last night, or lack thereof is what concerns me. The 2 doubles and the triple were all on him. Props to Latos for getting out of those innings without giving up any runs

How on earth do you blame three balls hit right on the line on Votto?

The one single between him and Phillips was an inexusable mishap by him though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

13. Likes:

Big Klu (08-07-2013),Chip R (08-07-2013),kbrake (08-07-2013),Larkin Fan (08-07-2013)

My god, make it stop.

15. Likes:

kbrake (08-07-2013),Larkin Fan (08-07-2013),reds44 (08-07-2013),Tom Servo (08-07-2013)

I don't have a problem when players drive in runs.

Pirates have 8 players providing above league average offense.

Cardinals have 7.

Reds have 3.

As long as there are that many holes in offense they are not going to be consistent enough to avoid people complaining about the offense. It is amazing they have scored 3rd most runs in NL as is.

In summary I wouldn't blame or expect more out of one of the only 3 people actually hitting on the team.

18. Likes:

Always Red (08-07-2013),dabvu2498 (08-07-2013),HeatherC1212 (08-07-2013),joshua (08-07-2013),krm1580 (08-07-2013),OC_Red (08-07-2013),Screwball (08-08-2013),UC_Ken (08-07-2013)

REally? I really didnt expect someone to be okay with his lack of effort on all 3 of those balls. so thats a surprise ...how can you not blame him? A simple fall down would have blocked all 3 of them. Im sorry but when 3 balls go right by you in the same place and you dont dive for 1 of them something isnt right

My only criticism of Votto is that once a week or so, he'll vapor lock on defense and look like he's never played the game before. It's like his mind is somewhere else at the moment. I'm pretty sure I can live with that. (It used to happen way more frequently when he first took over the job.)

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    REally? I really didnt expect someone to be okay with his lack of effort on all 3 of those balls. so thats a surprise ...how can you not blame him? A simple fall down would have blocked all 3 of them. Im sorry but when 3 balls go right by you in the same place and you dont dive for 1 of them something isnt right
    This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here. I would have to go back and rewatch the doubles but the triple was barely even a fair ball.....and it was Joey's fault for not getting to it? By the time it was to him it was in foul territory by a good bit. He would have almost had to have been playing in foul territory to get to it as it was hit hard. That is an insane argument.

22. Likes:

Chip R (08-07-2013)

Turn Off Ads?