Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 235

Thread: A Little More From Joey V

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    297

    Re: A Little More From Joey V

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here. I would have to go back and rewatch the doubles but the triple was barely even a fair ball.....and it was Joey's fault for not getting to it? By the time it was to him it was in foul territory by a good bit. He would have almost had to have been playing in foul territory to get to it as it was hit hard. That is an insane argument.
    You might want to go back and watch it because all 3 of them his glove was less than a foot away. Its called effort and he didnt put in any..but hey go ahead and be all for mediocrity ...

    I love how my opinion becomes an insane argument. I believe he should have gotten to those balls. If you dont thats fine but it doesnt make it insane at all.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,235

    Re: A Little More From Joey V

    Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    I don't have a problem when players drive in runs.
    No one does.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  4. #33
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,481

    Re: A Little More From Joey V

    Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    You might want to go back and watch it because all 3 of them his glove was less than a foot away. Its called effort and he didnt put in any..but hey go ahead and be all for mediocrity ...

    I love how my opinion becomes an insane argument. I believe he should have gotten to those balls. If you dont thats fine but it doesnt make it insane at all.
    Were you doing acid last night?
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  5. Likes:

    alwaysawarrior (08-07-2013), Chip R (08-07-2013), Larkin Fan (08-07-2013), RadfordVA (08-07-2013)

  6. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    297

    Re: A Little More From Joey V

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Were you doing acid last night?
    Damn you sir are a moron

  7. #35
    Member RadfordVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    936

    Re: A Little More From Joey V

    Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    You might want to go back and watch it because all 3 of them his glove was less than a foot away. Its called effort and he didnt put in any..but hey go ahead and be all for mediocrity ...

    I love how my opinion becomes an insane argument. I believe he should have gotten to those balls. If you dont thats fine but it doesnt make it insane at all.
    Any ball within a foot of your glove you should get to? Nothing is ever hit just out of your reach? This ball was spinning away from line and actually landed foul past the base. I don't know how this one is put on a 1st baseman.

    http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=29471091&c_id=mlb

  8. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    297

    Re: A Little More From Joey V

    Votto should have attempted to get those balls..how does that equate to me being on acid

  9. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    297

    Re: A Little More From Joey V

    f votto would have fallen over he would have stopped that ball..or atleast looked like he was trying for it..Isnt the job of the infielder to do whatever you can to block the ball? sorry we see 2 completely different things..but please continue to tell me how stupid I am for thinking a little more effort would have been nice to see.. If you are okay with him letting the one go by fine...
    Last edited by coachpipe; 08-07-2013 at 12:04 PM.

  10. #38
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    22,928

    Re: A Little More From Joey V

    Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    Any ball within a foot of your glove you should get to? Nothing is ever hit just out of your reach? This ball was spinning away from line and actually landed foul past the base. I don't know how this one is put on a 1st baseman.

    http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=29471091&c_id=mlb
    That was properly scored as a triple.
    I sometimes think some posters here think Joey Votto should be like Bugs Bunny in the old cartoon where Bugs plays all nine positions by himself and defeats the "Gashouse Gorillas."
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  11. #39
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    3,938

    Re: A Little More From Joey V

    Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    ha sorry even after watching again and again..if votto would have fallen over he would have stopped that ball..Isnt the job of the infielder to do whatever you can to block the ball? sorry we see 2 completely different things..but please continue to tell me how stupid I am for thinking a little more effort would have been nice to see..
    Doing acid doesn't mean you are stupid, Steve Jobs did acid often.

    With that said - son, stay off the drugs.

  12. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,850

    Re: A Little More From Joey V

    I'm fine with Joey's offense this season. But his defense is a legitimate concern/gripe. Is this what we can expect from him defensively moving forward?

  13. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    297

    Re: A Little More From Joey V

    Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I'm fine with Joey's offense this season. But his defense is a legitimate concern/gripe. Is this what we can expect from him defensively moving forward?
    watch out..if you arent a cheerleader you get badmouthed

    wanna take acid later and watch the reds game with me and doc ellis?

  14. #42
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,679

    Re: A Little More From Joey V

    I refuse to come down on our team's best hitter for not swinging at balls out of the zone and preferring to take the walk instead of swinging for the fences and trying to create something out of nothing. Joey is NOT the problem with the Reds offense right now.

    I also give Joey a pass on most baseball things that happen around this time of year because early August is when his dad died in 2008 and you just never forget things like that. He'll get past it like he's been doing every year since then but I'm sure August isn't an easy time for him and his family.

    /end girly emo post
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

  15. Likes:

    NebraskaRed (08-07-2013), RedEye (08-07-2013)

  16. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    173

    Re: A Little More From Joey V

    Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    watch out..if you arent a cheerleader you get badmouthed

    wanna take acid later and watch the reds game with me and doc ellis?
    Disagree. I actually agree that sometimes Joey isn't as good defensively as he was. Whether that's for a physical or a mental reason I don't know. But arguing he should have made a play on the triple is what made your argument be "badmouthed". Do you also get mad when Jay Bruce doesn't jump for balls that are hit 10 rows deep?

  17. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    297

    Re: A Little More From Joey V

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    Disagree. I actually agree that sometimes Joey isn't as good defensively as he was. Whether that's for a physical or a mental reason I don't know. But arguing he should have made a play on the triple is what made your argument be "badmouthed". Do you also get mad when Jay Bruce doesn't jump for balls that are hit 10 rows deep?
    a ball hit 10 rows deep and a ball hit down the line arent even close to the same thing..but please continue....

    I said votto should show a little more effort on D...does that mean he gets those balls and makes those plays? Nope.. But atleast show the effort on a ball that close to where you Could stop it and potentially slow it down enough to not go all the way in the corner.

    A little effort for some of those balls is all I want to see damn..is showing effort to much to ask for you guys here?

  18. #45
    Member RadfordVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    936

    Re: A Little More From Joey V

    Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    a ball hit 10 rows deep and a ball hit down the line arent even close to the same thing..but please continue....

    I said votto should show a little more effort on D...does that mean he gets those balls and makes those plays? Nope.. But atleast show the effort on a ball that close to where you Could stop it and potentially slow it down enough to not go all the way in the corner.

    A little effort for some of those balls is all I want to see damn..is showing effort to much to ask for you guys here?
    At first and third you pretty much have one or two steps and thats it to make a play. You may be able to dive after first step but sometimes do not have the time to.

    Also those plays are very tough to make on the line. Say he dives and the ball hits the bag and kicks up and would've been a routine play but instead our first baseman is laying on the ground just demonstrating hustle for hustles sake?

    Those plays look a lot different on the field than on replays.

  19. Likes:

    alwaysawarrior (08-07-2013), Chip R (08-07-2013), reds1869 (08-07-2013)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25