Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: A Little More From Joey V

Re: A Little More From Joey V

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here. I would have to go back and rewatch the doubles but the triple was barely even a fair ball.....and it was Joey's fault for not getting to it? By the time it was to him it was in foul territory by a good bit. He would have almost had to have been playing in foul territory to get to it as it was hit hard. That is an insane argument.
    You might want to go back and watch it because all 3 of them his glove was less than a foot away. Its called effort and he didnt put in any..but hey go ahead and be all for mediocrity ...

I love how my opinion becomes an insane argument. I believe he should have gotten to those balls. If you dont thats fine but it doesnt make it insane at all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    I don't have a problem when players drive in runs.
    No one does.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    You might want to go back and watch it because all 3 of them his glove was less than a foot away. Its called effort and he didnt put in any..but hey go ahead and be all for mediocrity ...

I love how my opinion becomes an insane argument. I believe he should have gotten to those balls. If you dont thats fine but it doesnt make it insane at all.
    Were you doing acid last night?
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

5. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (08-07-2013), Chip R (08-07-2013), Larkin Fan (08-07-2013), RadfordVA (08-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Were you doing acid last night?
    Damn you sir are a moron

Any ball within a foot of your glove you should get to? Nothing is ever hit just out of your reach? This ball was spinning away from line and actually landed foul past the base. I don't know how this one is put on a 1st baseman.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=29471091&c_id=mlb

Votto should have attempted to get those balls..how does that equate to me being on acid

f votto would have fallen over he would have stopped that ball..or atleast looked like he was trying for it..Isnt the job of the infielder to do whatever you can to block the ball? sorry we see 2 completely different things..but please continue to tell me how stupid I am for thinking a little more effort would have been nice to see.. If you are okay with him letting the one go by fine...
    Last edited by coachpipe; 08-07-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    Any ball within a foot of your glove you should get to? Nothing is ever hit just out of your reach? This ball was spinning away from line and actually landed foul past the base. I don't know how this one is put on a 1st baseman.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=29471091&c_id=mlb
    That was properly scored as a triple.
    I sometimes think some posters here think Joey Votto should be like Bugs Bunny in the old cartoon where Bugs plays all nine positions by himself and defeats the "Gashouse Gorillas."
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

ha sorry even after watching again and again..if votto would have fallen over he would have stopped that ball..Isnt the job of the infielder to do whatever you can to block the ball? sorry we see 2 completely different things..but please continue to tell me how stupid I am for thinking a little more effort would have been nice to see..
    Doing acid doesn't mean you are stupid, Steve Jobs did acid often.

With that said - son, stay off the drugs.

I'm fine with Joey's offense this season. But his defense is a legitimate concern/gripe. Is this what we can expect from him defensively moving forward?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I'm fine with Joey's offense this season. But his defense is a legitimate concern/gripe. Is this what we can expect from him defensively moving forward?
    watch out..if you arent a cheerleader you get badmouthed

wanna take acid later and watch the reds game with me and doc ellis?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I refuse to come down on our team's best hitter for not swinging at balls out of the zone and preferring to take the walk instead of swinging for the fences and trying to create something out of nothing. Joey is NOT the problem with the Reds offense right now.

I also give Joey a pass on most baseball things that happen around this time of year because early August is when his dad died in 2008 and you just never forget things like that. He'll get past it like he's been doing every year since then but I'm sure August isn't an easy time for him and his family.

/end girly emo post
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

15. Likes:

NebraskaRed (08-07-2013), RedEye (08-07-2013)

watch out..if you arent a cheerleader you get badmouthed

wanna take acid later and watch the reds game with me and doc ellis?
    Disagree. I actually agree that sometimes Joey isn't as good defensively as he was. Whether that's for a physical or a mental reason I don't know. But arguing he should have made a play on the triple is what made your argument be "badmouthed". Do you also get mad when Jay Bruce doesn't jump for balls that are hit 10 rows deep?

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    Disagree. I actually agree that sometimes Joey isn't as good defensively as he was. Whether that's for a physical or a mental reason I don't know. But arguing he should have made a play on the triple is what made your argument be "badmouthed". Do you also get mad when Jay Bruce doesn't jump for balls that are hit 10 rows deep?
    a ball hit 10 rows deep and a ball hit down the line arent even close to the same thing..but please continue....

I said votto should show a little more effort on D...does that mean he gets those balls and makes those plays? Nope.. But atleast show the effort on a ball that close to where you Could stop it and potentially slow it down enough to not go all the way in the corner.

A little effort for some of those balls is all I want to see damn..is showing effort to much to ask for you guys here?

a ball hit 10 rows deep and a ball hit down the line arent even close to the same thing..but please continue....

I said votto should show a little more effort on D...does that mean he gets those balls and makes those plays? Nope.. But atleast show the effort on a ball that close to where you Could stop it and potentially slow it down enough to not go all the way in the corner.

A little effort for some of those balls is all I want to see damn..is showing effort to much to ask for you guys here?
    At first and third you pretty much have one or two steps and thats it to make a play. You may be able to dive after first step but sometimes do not have the time to.

Also those plays are very tough to make on the line. Say he dives and the ball hits the bag and kicks up and would've been a routine play but instead our first baseman is laying on the ground just demonstrating hustle for hustles sake?

Those plays look a lot different on the field than on replays.

19. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (08-07-2013), Chip R (08-07-2013), reds1869 (08-07-2013)

Turn Off Ads?