Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: It's moving time

Re: It's moving time

Since May 27

42-38

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    This next stretch will decide if we win the division.
    Yep

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Who would have ever thought Milwaukee would be the team to throw a wrench into moving time?
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Since May 27

42-38

You can play with the dates all you want. I honestly don't care enough to look it up. All I know is the Reds reached the 15 over mark quite awhile back and have hovered around that mark ever since. You can argue til you're blue in the face, because that's what you do, but it doesn't change the fact they've played 2-over baseball for a long stretch now.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    You can play with the dates all you want. I honestly don't care enough to look it up. All I know is the Reds reached the 15 over mark quite awhile back and have hovered around that mark ever since. You can argue til you're blue in the face, because that's what you do, but it doesn't change the fact they've played 2-over baseball for a long stretch now.
    Can we get some more passive aggressiveness in your posts?

That would be epic.

7. Likes:

Brutus (08-25-2013),Larkin Fan (08-25-2013),nate (08-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    You mentioned the date. I provided the numbers. I'm not arguing at all. I haven't provided a single opinion.

I feel pretty good about things. We have a 8.5 game lead over the Nationals for the final wild card spot and are 17 games over .500. I have no doubt we'll make the playoffs this year, and there were a lot of recent years that wasn't the case.

Moving time has become hover around the same place time and hope other teams fall back. It is what it is. Yes a playoff spot is fairly secure. Let's just hope whoever pitches against us in the Wildcard game doesn't have a league average or better changeup. We'd be done for.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

"So Fla Red"

The team has played medioce ball for the last half season going 39-36 since June 1st. The team has three series wins all season against +.500 teams. Fortunately mediocre is all that appears necessary to secure an NL wildcard berth this season. Not sure why that's controversial. I would have expected better, but it's good enough to be in the division hunt.

Fortunately St Lewie is only 39-35 in the same stretch (Pit 42-32) and the rest of the serious NL contenders (Giants, Nats and DBacks) have largely fallen apart over the same period. ONly the Dodgers and Braves have been crushing it over the last ~75-80 games.

74-57 given the injuries is a bit disappointing after 35-21, but all in all an acceptable position. They've got a chance to win the division going into the last month with a wildcard all but secured given the weak NL field. Not a great season and certainly not the one we expected, but fortunately no one wants to run and hide with the division.

Looking into the crystal ball, I think the Reds catch the Pirates over the last week but can't quite catch the Cardinals.

Actually 40-36 in June, July, August

.526 win percentage

That's a 85 win season over 162 games.

The really good news (opinion time) is that the games in April May and September also count

"So Fla Red"

Actually 40-36 in June, July, August

.526 win percentage

That's a 85 win season over 162 games.

The really good news (opinion time) is that the games in April May and September also count
    We'll it is really only the ones from Aug 26 on that matter for the postseason position given how bad the rest of the NL has been outside the top 5 teams. 85 win pace in an almost historically bad to mediocre NL isn't any great shakes, but good enough to stay on the edge of the three-team divisional chase.

The Reds won on June 1st to go 35-21, so your splitting hairs which is a Redszone specialty these days... 39-36 since.

14. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (08-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post

The Reds won on June 1st to go 35-21, so your splitting hairs which is a Redszone specialty these days... 39-36 since.
    Who is splitting hairs?

Seriously folks. When someone says "Since June 1st...." Wouldn't that imply you're counting all the games played in June, July, and August to date?

NY Reds wants to go from May 27 on. You want to go from June 2nd?

How about we go from April 1st?

Edit: 28-21 (.571) n July and August maybe that will make you feel better?
    Last edited by Raisor; 08-25-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Who would have ever thought Milwaukee would be the team to throw a wrench into moving time?
    The 1999 Reds did.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

17. Likes:

Always Red (08-27-2013),Gizmo (08-26-2013)

Who is splitting hairs?

Seriously folks. When someone says "Since June 1st...." Wouldn't that imply you're counting all the games played in June, July, and August to date?

NY Reds wants to go from May 27 on. You want to go from June 2nd?

How about we go from April 1st?

Edit: 28-21 (.571) n July and August maybe that will make you feel better?
    NY Red's point was clearly the Reds record since they first hit the "15 over" mark. I even admitted I didn't know the exact date , nor did I care. The point was, and is, they've hovered around that "15 over" area ever since. They're 2 games over .500 since they first hit 15. That's a fact and that's a large sample size. Not sure why you're arguing something that isn't arguable, but I'm not at all surprised.

The Reds have hovered just a couple games over .500 for the majority of the summer, but if we're playing that game we could say that the Reds are 11-6 in the last 17 games and have played really good ball over the last three weeks sans this passed weekend and things are trending upwards, right?.... Folks, they're 2.5 back with about 30 to play.. what they did over the last 57 or whatever games is history. Play really good ball and beat good teams and the Reds will have a guaranteed 5 game series in October. Play "okay" ball and we'll be watching a one game playoff. It's in their hands.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

20. Likes:

Raisor (08-26-2013),Tom Servo (08-25-2013)

Turn Off Ads?