Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hard Knocks 2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hard Knocks 2013

Shocked there hasn't already been discussion on this?
    Go BLUE!!!

Re: Hard Knocks 2013

I missed it last night and was hoping to watch it when I get home from work. But I cant find it anywhere on HBO GO. They usually put the show up a few hours after the showing. Atleast thats how it is for the newsroom and game of thrones. Does anyone know when it will be up or if its up now?

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    I missed it last night and was hoping to watch it when I get home from work. But I cant find it anywhere on HBO GO. They usually put the show up a few hours after the showing. Atleast thats how it is for the newsroom and game of thrones. Does anyone know when it will be up or if its up now?
    I read it's not on HBO Go because HBO doesn't own the show - NFL Films does.

I thought it was terrific, but I'm a Bengals fan, so I dunno.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

It was very good. If you are a Bengals fan you'll love it. Oh, and James Harrison is still a major league jerk. But he's our major league jerk.

5. Likes:

Hoosier Red (08-07-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Maybe it's just me, but I thought that it was seriously lacking compared to years past. They didn't provide a lot of backstory on the players they were following -- which made the show seem more like a series of highlights from camp than in years past. Usually you spend the first episode learning about the rookies trying to make the squad, learn about some of the older vets, etc.

Also, I thought the show was seriously lacking in the candid "war room" type stuff that you saw in previous seasons -- coaches talking about position battles, individual meeting room interaction, film coaching, etc. The Dolphins stuff in the last Hard Knocks was great, but the closest we got last night was coaches showing film of a running back getting lit up.

I guess it's cool if you're a Bengals fan and know all these guys already (I'm not), but part of what made "Hard Knocks" a good show was that you felt like you learned something about the team you were watching. I didn't get that sense at all last night.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

@Caveat: This team is pretty uninteresting which is a good thing. Most of the personalities are gone and the team is a bunch of quiet stars. Guys like Green and Adkins don't bring a whole lot of media attention to them. I got the feeling in the first episode that there just isn't that great loud story line that Hard Knocks likes.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    @Caveat: This team is pretty uninteresting which is a good thing. Most of the personalities are gone and the team is a bunch of quiet stars. Guys like Green and Adkins don't bring a whole lot of media attention to them. I got the feeling in the first episode that there just isn't that great loud story line that Hard Knocks likes.
    Yeah, the overwhelming feeling I got from watching this was:

1. The Bengals were definitely a "choice of last resort" for HBO and the NFL (as you said -- not a ton of interesting stories, not a lot of flux in the roster, no huge personalities on the team); and
    2. The level of access that HBO previously enjoyed for this show has been severely curtailed.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I hope Gio gets enough sleep living in the Banks while the Reds are playing home games deep into October.

10. Likes:

Benihana (08-08-2013)

Turn Off Ads?