Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Minor League Updates: Thursday 8/08/2013

Minor League Updates: Thursday 8/08/2013

Louisville trails Columbus 8-1 in the 7th.

Chad Rogers pitches 4 scoreless innings before the wheels fall off. 5.1IP 6H 6R 4ER 1BB 7K.

Ryan Ludwick singled in three trips. His single knocked in Billy Hamilton with their only run so far. He has been replaced by Josh Fellhauer.

Billy Hamilton is 2-3. A single. A double. 1RS. 1SB (#68).

Dice-K started for Columbus and dominated over seven innings. Jeremy homered for the Clips.

The Bats cut the lead to 8-3 on singles by Negron, Hamilton and Perez.
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-08-2013 at 10:35 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Minor League Updates: Thursday 8/08/2013

Dayton is tied at 2 with Lake County in the top of the 8th.

Ismael Guillon was wildly effective. 5IP 1H 0R 0ER 5BB 4K.
    Tony Amezcua followed suit. 2IP 0H 0R 0ER 3BB 4K.

Sammy Diaz led off the game for the Dragons with third homer of the season.
    Jesse Winker has doubled, walked and scored.
    SMB has singled and doubled.

Lake County tacked on another run in the top of the 8th and lead 3-2. Two of the runs were unearned thanks to a throwing error on Diaz.
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-08-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Pensacola wrap: Blue Fish 6 Suns 4.

In an odd-scoring affair, Pensacola struck for six in the bottom of the second. The Suns answered with four in top of the third. And that was it.

Daniel Renken - 6IP 7H 4R 4ER 0BB 4K.
    Jamie Walczak - 2IP 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 2K.
    Trevor Bell struck out the side in the ninth for save number 13.

Mike Costanzo went 2-3. A single. A double. A walk 1RS. 3RBI.
    Travis Mattair went 2-4. 2 singles. 1RS.
    Ryan LaMarre also went 2-4. 2 singles. 1RS. 1RBI.

Recently, they had been leaving Ludwick in to get 4 or 5 ABs. Was there any reason for taking him out other than just giving him the rest of the night off?

Quote Originally Posted by wastedtime View Post
    Recently, they had been leaving Ludwick in to get 4 or 5 ABs. Was there any reason for taking him out other than just giving him the rest of the night off?
    If he hit Dusty's 50 plate appearance goal he's probably done. Packing to come home where he belongs.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

It's close, but I don't think he has 50 ABs in. I counted 39 AB and 3 BB. I also remember him reaching base via a catcher interference call.

Turn Off Ads?