Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cueto/ Marshall Update

Re: Cueto/ Marshall Update

John Fay ‏@johnfayman 43m
    Marshall's been cleared to start throwing Monday. Cueto hasn't. Cueto will be tested again in a week. #reds @Cincienquirer
    Looking more likely that Cueto's season is done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Just call me Legs

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    didnīt expect anything else and I think the way the pitchers played all season itīs a good idea to give him all the time he needs...

he missed to much time and had to many setbacks to let him pitch in mlb again... he wonīt be an upgrade most likely anyway

This is decent news. I didn't expect either one to have a chance the rest of the year. The pen could use another lefty in the post-season. Throwing is a long way from pitcing though. We've been at this point with Marshall a couple times already.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

The team has pretty well compensated for losing them both.

Let the guys heal completely and thoroughy. We'll roll the dice with who is on the roster now.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

7. Likes:

Larkin Fan (08-17-2013),The Operator (08-18-2013),Tom Servo (08-17-2013),westofyou (08-17-2013)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Two questions:

Is Cueto's lat injury related to the oblique injury he sustained when Pagan backed out mid-pitch in Game 1 of the NLDS last year?

And why was Cueto bouncing around like he had no issues whatsoever during the walk-off celebration in a game the Reds played about a month ago?
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    And why was Cueto bouncing around like he had no issues whatsoever during the walk-off celebration in a game the Reds played about a month ago?
    Bouncing around and throwing a baseball are not the same thing. It is not at all fair to pass judgment based on this observation.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

10. Likes:

Larkin Fan (08-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Two questions:

Is Cueto's lat injury related to the oblique injury he sustained when Pagan backed out mid-pitch in Game 1 of the NLDS last year?

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.
    George Carlin

12. Likes:

Larkin Fan (08-18-2013),Roy Tucker (08-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    didnīt expect anything else and I think the way the pitchers played all season itīs a good idea to give him all the time he needs...

he missed to much time and had to many setbacks to let him pitch in mlb again... he wonīt be an upgrade most likely anyway
    Never pitch in MLB again? WOW!
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubba View Post
    Never pitch in MLB again? WOW!
    my fault... I wanted to say, that I wouldnīt let him pitch at the highest level (this season!) again...

let him rest, try to get him in better physical condition for next year and work on his motion...

15. Likes:

Hubba (08-18-2013)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    Bouncing around and throwing a baseball are not the same thing. It is not at all fair to pass judgment based on this observation.
    To be clear, I'm not suggesting that he's faking it.

I'm saying that if he can't pitch because of a lat or oblique strain, he shouldn't be bouncing around and end up re-re-re-aggravating the injury. He seems to be extremely fragile.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

17. Likes:

Hubba (08-18-2013)

How great would it be to get Cueto back in the pen to help with some right handed relief? Is he the postseason 8th inning guy? Could he not go like 15 innings in late Sept/late Oct with a 0.00 ERA?

I'm liking this idea more and more as a solution to putting the best team on the field and staying healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    How great would it be to get Cueto back in the pen to help with some right handed relief? Is he the postseason 8th inning guy? Could he not go like 15 innings in late Sept/late Oct with a 0.00 ERA?

I'm liking this idea more and more as a solution to putting the best team on the field and staying healthy.
    Well, if you and I were voting, it would be a tie.

Cueto is not a reliever, he doesn't have that experience, he probably has no experience (recently, if ever) warming quickly to pitch relief. He's coming off injury. Don't see him as the guy pitching eighth inning of critical games.

I'd use Cueto early in games to bail out starters who don't have it. In the playoffs and stretch drive, I'd rather do that than let a starter get beat around when he's off.

I'm not so sure I like the idea of Cueto in the 'pen either. Can a starter get used to a relief role that quickly. Can he break a routine and get loose in the short amount of time required? If he tries to do that and goes out there when he's not completely loose...how much more does he risk injury...and potentially something that could keep him out a part of next season?

However, that could all be nonsense and he might do a fantastic job. But he just doesn't seem like someone who could adapt like that.

Shutting Johnny down for the year >>>>>>>>> Johnny in the pen

Turn Off Ads?