Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saturday August 10th Minor League Updates

Re: Saturday August 10th Minor League Updates

If I could get two-for-one Sierra Nevadas on the possibility that Juan Duran might strike out, I'd be at the stadium every night.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Stephenson: 6 IP, H, BB, 9 K
    Watched his outing on milb.tv. Very impressive -- fastball at 96-97 consistently, with run on it. Commanded it well and down in the zone. Secondary stuff -- curve and change -- were also consistent and commanded well. Didn't see the big breaking curve I saw earlier in the year -- not sure if he has modified that pitch or not.

San Jose was overmatched. He could move up, easily.

Jackson Stephens: 6.2 IP, 5 H, ER, 5 K
    Garrett and Travieso have the publicity, but do not sleep on this teenager.

5. Likes:

dougdirt (08-11-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-11-2013),texasdave (08-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    If I could get two-for-one Sierra Nevadas on the possibility that Juan Duran might strike out, I'd be at the stadium every night.
    Hell, you would follow him around the country. Winter ball even.

7. Likes:

camisadelgolf (08-11-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Garrett and Travieso have the publicity, but do not sleep on this teenager.
    I said it two weeks ago, Jackson Stephens is a guy that no one is talking about that people should be talking about. He has a real good arm.

9. Likes:

mdccclxix (08-12-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-11-2013),Tom Servo (08-11-2013)

I said it two weeks ago, Jackson Stephens is a guy that no one is talking about that people should be talking about. He has a real good arm.
    I don't know if it was here or on your site, but I have plugged him since I first saw him on MILB TV several weeks ago. Solid fastball and promising secondary stuff. Looks like a competitor, too. To my eyes, he looks better than Travieso, who is having a hard time keeping the ball down and getting consistency with anything secondary.

11. Likes:

Turn Off Ads?