2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8/11/13 - Reds vs. Padres

Please just get tossed Dusty regardless of the call. Team need energy now
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

4. Likes:

Billy Hamilton's Legs (08-11-2013)

Welp, looks like we're giving San Diego another gift-wrapped run.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Baker needs to throw some bases and get the Reds madder than spit. It was probably a good call though.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Defense again. I would go to the bullpen here.

8. Likes:

Falls City Beer (08-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Will Venable always looks like a great player when we face him. No clue why. He's well below average against everyone else.
    *Bill Hall likes this
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Great defense.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    How this team plays in Sept. and Oct. will define the 2013 Reds. If they play .500 ball for three months in the middle of the season then so be it.
    Fair enough. But this was to be an easy stretch in our schedule. Counting on a hot September is a big IF. I'm more inclined after 4 1/2 months to say they are what they are. Lowered expectations are a good thing w/ these guys.

NL Central champs

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    1. 1000's of posts have addressed logical solutions to this.

2. Hanahan is having the exact year I expected from him based on age projection.

3. Choo was not an upgrade in Center. He's an upgrade in Left and an upgrade to the top of the order. Either sign only Choo, only Ludwick, or Ludwick to be the 4th Outfielder.

4. There's always a way to make a trade happen. Most players are available at the right price. There were three Cubs available (not Soriano) who would have helped greatly and cost little.

5. $2.5M more would have been available had Rick Sweet been Manager instead of Dusty.

6. For the record, I have yet to see a poster on this site who has supported Walt and the two previous G. M.'s as much or as well as I have, so you're suggestion that all things that happen will only generate a complaint from me is nothing but empty banter.
    1. No, there is no logical solutions. Every single year the Reds, and every other baseball team for that matter, have to rely on young players who may or may not be able to play at the big league level. There is no way to avoid this.

2. After having a .793, .647, .623, .719, and .654 OPS over his career, you knew that Jack would have a .581 OPS this year? You should be employed in the Reds' front office.

3. A Ludwick-Choo-Bruce outfield is absolutely better than a Ludwick-Stubbs-Bruce outfield. There is no arguing that Walt upgraded the outfield in the offseason.

4. If there were so many trade opportunities available then why were there only 4 trade deadline moves made? It isn't because every team is satisfied with there lineup. No one was selling.

5. I doubt Sweet would be able to handle the clubhouse as well as Dusty. Changing managers could definitely disrupt this team's balance when you consider what a great player's manager Dusty is.

6. If you complain about the Choo trade, then you obviously hard to please.

That odd top of the inning may have woken this team up.

The team behind us in the wild card has what I think is one of the best managers in the national league...he gets a lot out of his players...I'm a Gibson fan...no nonsense manager. Reminds me a lot of Lou in 1990
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

15. Likes:

remdog (08-11-2013)

I know since it can't be measured by numbers most think it doesn't matter but would love to have seen Dusty completely lose his mind out there.

17. Likes:

LexRedsFan (08-11-2013)

Outstanding performance from leake today. He pitched great in SD before Chappy blew it for him. Hope the offense will help him out today.

Great start by Leake. It would be a shame to see yet another great start wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    That odd top of the inning may have woken this team up.
    You can't wake up a corpse. The offense will go one, two, three.

Turn Off Ads?