Thread: 8/11/13 - Reds vs. Padres

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: 8/11/13 - Reds vs. Padres

JV classy

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    WM, I like ya buddy, but I can't let this one slide today.
    Nope, they got me.

An ugly win, but I'll take any win. Thanks for pulling this one out for my birthday, Reds.

4. Likes:

757690 (08-11-2013),Tom Servo (08-11-2013)

Shame on Choo and Votto for not getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Mutaman...u still there?
    Yeah, I guess Choo proved me wrong.

And how about a little credit to the guy who got things started in the last frame, last night's goat?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

8. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-11-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (08-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Anyone catch Choo tagging there? What an idiot, the only possible way they could have lost that game would have been an alert play by the SS and LF.
    that happened in a minor league games a couple of months ago...they had to call the team back out. The short stop tagged out the runner going from 2nd to 3rd trying to tag as the runner was tagging from 3rd to home.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I just don't understand the logic in setting technology to call a strike zone if you're not going to set it to call the strike zone as the rules actually dictate.

The rules say the zone is established on each pitch. Why wouldn't you set it to call the zone with each pitch? Seems counter-intuitive to set a system to 'improve accuracy' if you're not going to set it to actually be as accurate as it can be.
    Well if you think the rules are fine then why consider changing them? You already said that adjusting the zone every pitch with a computer causes problems. I don't believe the umps do a good job of this either. I just don't see the problem if every player in baseball knows what the zone is for him and I don't care what rules are in currently in place that would prevent that.Again, do you honestly believe the players would have issue with this?

And how about a little credit to the guy who got things started in the last frame, last night's goat?
    Paul had the home run and Hannahan had the winning run. Good job making up for last night.

Tomorrow Izturis hits a grand slam.

12. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-11-2013),Kingspoint (08-11-2013),powersackers (08-11-2013),Tom Servo (08-11-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (08-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Well if you think the rules are fine then why consider changing them? You already said that adjusting the zone every pitch with a computer causes problems. I don't believe the umps do a good job of this either. I just don't see the problem if every player in baseball knows what the zone is for him and I don't care what rules are in currently in place that would prevent that.Again, do you honestly believe the players would have issue with this?
    Calibrate the zone for each player before each game. It doesn't have to be a problem.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

And Xavier Paul as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    I'm not advocating changing the rules. I'm saying I'm OK with going to a computerized system of calling balls and strikes as long as its accuracy is maximized and it's going to actually do so based on the rules.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Paul had the home run and Hannahan had the winning run. Good job making up for last night.

Tomorrow Izturis hits a grand slam.
    2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Calibrate the zone for each player before each game. It doesn't have to be a problem.
    I'm fine with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I'm not advocating changing the rules. I'm saying I'm OK with going to a computerized system of calling balls and strikes as long as its accuracy is maximized and it's going to actually do so based on the rules.
    Would you say that umpires inability to accurately call balls and strikes displays a lack of upholding the rules?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Yeah, I guess Choo proved me wrong.
    Lol...all good man

Turn Off Ads?