Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/11/13 - Reds vs. Padres

Re: 8/11/13 - Reds vs. Padres

Hoover looks chubby to me today.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Ok, Leake kinda sucks today.
    Got better quickly
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

EMAW

Hoping when Ludwick comes back he hits .400 with 30 HR's in last 45 games, that might salvage the offense

What is Hoover's warm up music?
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I'd describe it as a fait accompli. He'll surrender runs in his next start, probably several.

He is not Pedro Martinez or Greg Maddux. He just isn't.
    You're right, he's not. But you also don't have to be a hall of famer to throw a shutout either. He's a good pitcher. You can twist that anyway you want to, but it's a fact. A good pitcher throwing a good outing can shut down ANY team.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I'd describe it as a fait accompli. He'll surrender runs in his next start, probably several.

He is not Pedro Martinez or Greg Maddux. He just isn't.
    Who has said such a thing? Decent pitchers are capable of having shutdown days, that's all.

I know the negativity has worn people out but it really is disappointing that most likely the biggest series of the season will be a series with Diamondbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Sure you don't let them but I'd imagine that just about every team that's ever won the WS has lost a series to a crappy team at home during the last few moths of the season.
    Does that make it a good thing?

I was thinking when Hoover got behind 2-0 to Denorfia, he should just put him on first. Glad he didn't listen to my inner-self.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Career OPS+ of 109. 120 This year and 115 last year. Better defender than he gets credit for. I've wanted the Reds to get him for 3 years now. He'd be a perfect guy to pair with Ludwick and could be part of the Mix next year when Choo leaves.
    Don't get me wrong. I think he'd be a good addition as well. He just strikes me as a guy who plays better against us for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Does that make it a good thing?
    No. And no one would say yes to that silly question.

But a remark that "if you are a legit team you don't lose at home in August to a crappy team" is uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    What is Hoover's warm up music?
    Kick it in the Sticks by Brantley Gilbert.

Mr Obvious would like to point out that the Reds haven't lost this one yet.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

15. Likes:

VottoFan54 (08-11-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (08-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Who has said such a thing? Decent pitchers are capable of having shutdown days, that's all.
    He's a historically decent pitcher having a bad season.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    I know the negativity has worn people out but it really is disappointing that most likely the biggest series of the season will be a series with Diamondbacks.
    I don't know why it really matters that much. People want to make the playoffs. Once the playoffs start, it won't matter who the biggest series was against.

I'm sure everyone would love for the Reds to win the division. That might not happen. But the thing is, if the Reds win one game, they will be in the same position they'd be in if they'd won the division.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?