Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who do we root for this week, Cards or Pirates?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Who do we root for this week, Cards or Pirates?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I've said this many times. A Reds fan does NOT root for the Cubs, Cardinals, Pirates or Brewers. Ever. Instead you simply root against a team. If you want the Cardinals to win because the Pirates are in first...simply root for the Pirates to lose. That way you're not technically rooting for the Cardinals to win and thus making yourself feel...just...dirty all over. Yuck!
    Good way of looking at it, never thought of it like that...thanks!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

Reds have an eight game gap to make up between the Cards and Reds

Sweep the Cubs and the number drops to five and life is good
    Take 2 of three and it drops only to seven, good but not great
    Lose 2 of three and it rises to nine, start wildcard plans
    Get swept and it balloons to eleven and keep hoping the DBacks can't get out of their own way

I'll kiss Chris Carpenter's butt if the Cards help us gain ground on the Pirates, and tighten things up.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Im rooting for a reds sweep of the cubbies, and the Cards/pirates series being a non-sweep that way neither team pulls away and we gain on both!!!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

If the Reds don't take care of business, it doesn't really matter

The best outcome by far would be for the Cards to fall out of the playoff picture entirely.

8. Likes:

757690 (08-13-2013),Revering4Blue (08-13-2013)

My hope is for the Cards to take 2 of 3 against Pittsburgh, then for both teams to lose 2 of 3 in their respective weekend series. All this while the Redlegs sweep Chicago and take 3 of 4 (hell, why not just sweep the Brewers too?) in Milwaukee.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideBomber View Post
    My hope is for the Cards to take 2 of 3 against Pittsburgh, then for both teams to lose 2 of 3 in their respective weekend series. All this while the Redlegs sweep Chicago and take 3 of 4 (hell, why not just sweep the Brewers too?) in Milwaukee.
    ^^ THIS.....exactly what I was thinking....would rather see the Cards take 2/3 with the Reds sweeping the Cubbies and winning the Brewers series. could be anywhere from no gain to 2-3 games picked up over the next week. Reds are the only one of the three that has not lit on fire for an extended period of time yet. This team is due, and if there's a time of year to get hot, its over the next 8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I've stated it elsewhere but would still be interested in feedback -- apart from the obvious disadvantages of home field and pitching rotation, is anybody else not bothered by the idea of the Reds being a Wild Card? I wouldn't go so far as to say that I prefer it, but the Reds have never been a Wild Card team, and I wonder if it might give them a jolt mentally to be chasing rather than being chased. Often Wild Card teams that squeak in seem to barrel through the end of the season straight into and through the playoffs since they know they can't afford complacency. And the Reds at this point have enough playoff experience not to be shellshocked by the postseason (if nothing else, I think 2012 should prove invaluable in that regard).
    I'm against being a wild card for aesthetic purposes only. Other than that, as long as the Reds get into the post-season, I've got no problems with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I'll kiss Chris Carpenter's butt if the Cards help us gain ground on the Pirates, and tighten things up.
    How will he explain that to his son?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

If the Reds can find a way to go 6-1 (or even 5-2) on this road trip, then things will be very interesting by the end of the week. Hopefully the offense picks things up because the Reds can't keep winning with only four hits a night.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    If the Reds can find a way to go 6-1 (or even 5-2) on this road trip, then things will be very interesting by the end of the week. Hopefully the offense picks things up because the Reds can't keep winning with only four hits a night.
    Do they only have 4 hits during wins often? I was unaware of that.

I just want that series to be 2 of 3 for somebody, and for us to sweep the Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Do they only have 4 hits during wins often? I was unaware of that.
    You're right, the offense is just fine!

The Reds have four hits, five hits, and four hits in the last three games. As dominant as the Reds pitching has been, they can't carry the offense every night. The offense has to pick it up in order for the Reds to win the division.

And before that they had 10 hits, 10 hits, and 8 hits, not counting walks. Either way, I am aware the offense is not perfect, but only looking at the negative is unrealistic.

Turn Off Ads?