Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who do we root for this week, Cards or Pirates?

Re: Who do we root for this week, Cards or Pirates?

I don't look at it from the perspective of WHO the teams are (Cards, Pirates). And it doesn't matter what one's emotions want to tell them either (i.e. I hate one more then the other, and won't root for so-and-so under any circumstance).

We're the 3rd place team trying to gain ground on the 1st place team. And by not only winning ourselves, we can get a huge boast from the 2nd place team, who I hope sweeps. If they sweep, we sweep, they'll be a two-way tie for 1st with us two games back.

It's all about the math, not emotions. LOL

I'm a Card's fans for the next few days.
    Last edited by GAC; 08-12-2013 at 04:53 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I would like to root for the Cardinals, since I don't see them winning the division. I think their biggest concern is not getting caught by Arizona. Molina was a big loss, but more importantly, their pitching is performing as expected, and their "clutch" hitters have stopped being "clutch." I think even if they sweep the Pirates, they will falter the rest of the season.

However, I'm wrong a lot, and in case I am, I would much rather lose the division to the Pirates than the Cardinals.

So I'm just going to ignore the games so I don't drive myself insane.

It's not a drive, it's a short putt.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

4. Likes:

757690 (08-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    Reds still have 7 against the Cardinals and the final 3 against the Pirates. Be nice to see Reds sweep Cubs and gain on both teams with one them taking two of three.

Would like to be tied with Bucs by the final series. Let's start the playoffs early.
    Actually have 6 left with the Bucs overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Let's say you root for the Pirates this week and they go 5-1 and the Reds go 4-2.....then over the next month the Pirates stay about 4-5 games ahead of the Reds as both play about .500 ball.....while the Cards have went on a nice run and have passed the Pirates by a couple games......in the end the Cards win division and we are only 1 game back of the Pirates in the end and must travel there for the 1 game playoff....and you rooted for the Pirates this whole week? Same could go for the Cards.

I'll wait till there is a definite team to catch with about 10 games left. The Reds control their destiny.

Iīm happy if any of those teams lose...

this time of the year, I donīt care which team wins the series... I want the reds to win and get closer to 1st or 2nd place...

the past few games the pirates and the cardinals didnīt look great!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Never hope for the Cards.

I want the Pirates to sweep. The most dangerous thing in the NL is the Cards offense.

I'm still focused on trying to win the division. That race is going to come down to which team is able to get the most wins - advanced statistics on display here - so either one of the Cards/Bucs winning all three of the games makes it less likely the Reds finish the season with more wins than the sweeping team. So long as there are no sweeps in that series, I don't really care what happens. The Reds winning most of this week could make the division look awfully interesting come a week from today.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I don't look at it from the perspective of WHO the teams are (Cards, Pirates). And it doesn't matter what one's emotions want to tell them either (i.e. I hate one more then the other, and won't root for so-and-so under any circumstance).

We're the 3rd place team trying to gain ground on the 1st place team. And by not only winning ourselves, we can get a huge boast from the 2nd place team, who I hope sweeps. If they sweep, we sweep, they'll be a two-way tie for 1st with us two games back.

It's all about the math, not emotions. LOL

I'm a Card's fans for the next few days.
    This is what I'm hoping happens also. I want a Cards sweep and at a minimum take 2 of 3. I hate the Cards but sometimes you have to do what you have to do and root for your enemy! If thats what it takes for the Reds to make a run at the NL Central, then so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I think I'll root for two 20 inning games and one rainout that messes up both teams' schedules.
    I was thinking three 18 inning games but this would do.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

One step at a time. Put the Cardinals in the rear view mirror then go to the next one. Will be rooting for Pirates this week so hopefully only one team to chase after this week.

Bucco's all the way...and it's not even close for me...

As others have said, just no sweep. The Cardinals taking 2/3 is the best way for the Reds to move up on both.

I see a Cardinals sweep coming, I have a feeling. I think someone winning 2/3 would be ideal but way way way more important than those games are the games in Wrigley.

Wow, I knew that the Reds play the Pirates six of the last nine games of the season, but I did not realize the Pirates and Cards still have nine games left against each other. This is getting very interesting.

I say let em split the difference between each other and lose every other game against every other team.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?