Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephenson promoted to Pensacola

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Stephenson promoted to Pensacola

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    If he puts up three good starts in Pensacola, I kind of hope he would be on the team over Logan Ondrusek on August 31 so that he could be another high leverage arm for the postseason.
    I am with you.... then I remember what happened when Dusty saw Chapman in the bullpen once.

2. Likes:

Benihana (08-13-2013),LexRedsFan (08-12-2013),membengal (08-13-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-12-2013),Tom Servo (08-13-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    If Stephenson puts up three good starts in Pensacola, there will be some consideration given to bringing him up in September.
    Are you hearing this from some in the system?

I got a kick out of the above. It's been this year, but someone was bemoaning that Walt needs the best 25 men in the system up in Cincinnati. (You know that argument) At which point I said, well then he should drop Logan and call up Stephenson (according to his logic)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am with you.... then I remember what happened when Dusty saw Chapman in the bullpen once.
    I honestly had not thought of that. You just changed my opinion on the matter. It's really bad that we have to consider such things.

That is why the Reds should have drafted Wacha instead of Travieso. Last winter, the Reds should have restocked the farm system by acquiring 2 or 3 elite prospects for Chapman, then this winter you can trade Homer for 2 or 3 big time prospects. Between the 2 trades you'd have a SS and 3B prospects waiting in the wings. Then our rotation in 2014 would be:

Cueto
    Latos
    Cingrani
    Leake
    Wacha

Stephenson
    Corcino
    Rogers In AAA Louisville

Plus, we'd have a completely restocked and reloaded farm system resulting in trading Chapman and Bailey, not to mention we will prob have 2 additional draft picks from Arroyo and Choo. That is how a small market team needs to operate, this team need to work like the Rays

Me: I ran out of shampoo today.
    Red Swagger: That's why the Reds should've drafted Wacha instead if Travieso.

9. Likes:

Edd Roush (08-13-2013),indy_dave00 (08-13-2013),Jay Bruce (08-12-2013),JayBruceFan (08-13-2013),LexRedsFan (08-12-2013),membengal (08-13-2013),nate1213 (08-12-2013),OGB (08-13-2013),pahster (08-18-2013),powersackers (08-14-2013),reds44 (08-13-2013),RedsManRick (08-13-2013),Tom Servo (08-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Me: I ran out of shampoo today.
    Red Swagger: That's why the Reds should've drafted Wacha instead if Travieso.
    Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    For the trade Bailey in the offseason crowd, what is your plan for the rotation next year?
    Cueto
    Latos
    Leake
    Roy Halladay on a short term pact
    Corcino/Stephenson/Sharky

I will pick up my GM of the Year Award now.

There are actually a number of interesting FA starters on the market this offseason who could be potential bargains either due to lousy 2013 performance (Roy Halladay, Josh Johnson, Dan Haren), age (Chris Carpenter, AJ Burnett) , or injury (Johan Santana, Colby Lewis). Still, I would expect the Reds to essentially stand pat with their starters.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Cueto
    Latos
    Leake

There are actually a number of interesting FA starters on the market this offseason who could be potential bargains either due to lousy 2013 performance (Roy Halladay, Josh Johnson, Dan Haren), age (Chris Carpenter, AJ Burnett) , or injury (Johan Santana, Colby Lewis). Still, I would expect the Reds to essentially stand pat with their starters.
    You resign Arroyo to a 2 or 3 year deal, it's not rocket science. A Reds deal in the same ballpark as any other offer means he'll come back. A lot of this has to do with the 10/5 rule in Baseball and also it gives him the chance to go out a Red something he has spoken about before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Cueto
    Latos
    Leake

No Cingrani?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    No Cingrani?
    We traded him in a package for Mike Trout. The next day we began printing World Series tickets.

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-13-2013)

I love posts that suggest the Reds should/could have traded Chapman and Homer for a package of un-named prospects from an un-named team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

17. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I love posts that suggest the Reds should/could have traded Chapman and Homer for a package of un-named prospects from an un-named team.
    We wouldn't have had to trade Homer and Chapman if we had just drafted Wacha instead of Travieso!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    We wouldn't have had to trade Homer and Chapman if we had just drafted Wacha instead of Travieso!
    Wait...is this taking into account that Lincecum was drafted instead of Stubbs too?

20. Likes:

OGB (08-13-2013),reds44 (08-14-2013)

At this point in their careers.....Stephenson is pretty clearly outperforming Homer at the same stage. Very impressive.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Turn Off Ads?