Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 EPL Thread

Re: 2013 EPL Thread

If the LFP does not ban referee carlos Muniz Fernandez after the Esche-Real Madrid travesty today, it is not a real league in my book. Two weeks after this guy robbed Sevilla of a legit goal to gift Barca 3 points, he robs Esche of a point.

All of the following occurred after Esche tied RM 1-1 on 90 minutes.
    --Two yellows to Sergio Ramos turns into one.
    --3 minutes stoppage time turns into SEVEN extra minutes.
    --And finally, a foul by Pepe turns into a foul on him and RM gets a PK for the win.

This match had to have been fixed. Different rules for Barca and RM than the rest of LFP. In a real league, the ref would be banned for a long time, and Pepe (in addition to be dirty player, one of the biggest simulators) should be video-banned. But I'm not holding my breath. Shame on the LFP.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    If the LFP does not ban referee carlos Muniz Fernandez after the Esche-Real Madrid travesty today, it is not a real league in my book. Two weeks after this guy robbed Sevilla of a legit goal to gift Barca 3 points, he robs Esche of a point.

--And finally, a foul by Pepe turns into a foul on him and RM gets a PK for the win.

This match had to have been fixed. Different rules for Barca and RM than the rest of LFP. In a real league, the ref would be banned for a long time, and Pepe (in addition to be dirty player, one of the biggest simulators) should be video-banned. But I'm not holding my breath. Shame on the LFP.

Agree with you. BUT Real Madrid and Barcelona are basically the cow...the milk and everyone else has to suck it...keep quite.....and say thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post

He also presided over the Sevilla-Barca fiasco a few weeks ago. The call Pepe got at the end was absurd, though I'm not a fan of issuing retroactive cards/bans for gamesmanship. Brutality would be another matter and Pepe's been there before (do not like that guy one bit).

The extra time actually was the one thing the ref got right. He stopped his watch after the Elche goal like he's supposed to and the corner would have been the last play of the game if the penalty hadn't been called.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Current EPL standings after 6 weeks, Arsenal in 1st with 15 points, followed by Everton, Liverpool and Tottenham with 13. We could be in for some upheaval this season.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Current EPL standings after 6 weeks, Arsenal in 1st with 15 points, followed by Everton, Liverpool and Tottenham with 13. We could be in for some upheaval this season.
    A lot of wild results this weekend -- and I'm now more convinced than ever that Romelu Lukaku is going to be a superstar in the very near future. What on earth was Chelsea thinking sending him out on loan?
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I've heard this conversation many times. It usually dies down when teams squad depth is tested during the Champions League/FA Cup/Carling Cup grind.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I've heard this conversation many times. It usually dies down when teams squad depth is tested during the Champions League/FA Cup/Carling Cup grind.
    Fair point, though these three teams are decidedly different from West Brom or Stoke having a hot start. Tottenham, Everton and Liverpool were already the upper mid-table and all three made major additions during the summer. Chelsea, United and City are still monster teams, but it may take 75 points to make the CL slots this season. They aren't going to have as much wiggle room as in previous seasons.

The main challengers are out of the gate strong. And Tottenham is deep. Everton and Liverpool aren't playing Europa League and both went out of the Carling Cup (or whatever they're calling it these days) in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    A lot of wild results this weekend -- and I'm now more convinced than ever that Romelu Lukaku is going to be a superstar in the very near future. What on earth was Chelsea thinking sending him out on loan?
    Madness is consuming Jose Mourinho. He's thisclose to chasing Juan Mata out of town.

The best player is hard to debate but Yaya Toure is the boss of the EPL so far. He absolutely dominated Man U in the derby and he is the best box to box midfielder in the land this year.

Southampton are currently 4th - and likely to improve as the season goes on. The league is wide open this season.

Jozy Altidore has disappeared in the EPL

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Jozy Altidore has disappeared in the EPL
    He hasn't played that poorly. Sunderland is terrible and going through a manager change. He should have had a goal against Arsenal that was taken away. He is the type of striker that requires some level of service for him to create and he isn't getting that right now.

Looks like Fox Sports has scored the rights to the Bundesliga, but it's going to be a while before we see them on TV.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/b...-season-101413
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Looks like Fox Sports has scored the rights to the Bundesliga, but it's going to be a while before we see them on TV.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/b...-season-101413
    My favorite league by far. Glad I will be able to watch it on something other than Gol TV.

Arsenal's headed into a huge three-week stretch. They've got Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd. in addition to two Champions League fixtures against Borussia Dortmund. We'll have a much clearer idea if this really is the Arsenal team capable of ending its trophy drought by the end of that run.

Turn Off Ads?