Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2013 EPL Thread

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: 2013 EPL Thread

Hindsight's 20-20, but once they got the goal-differential whiff in the nostrils, they burned an awful lot of energy in the first 30 minutes of the second half trying to pile it on. Played like it was 0-3 instead of 3-0. Rodgers has had a brilliant year, but once CP cut it to 3-1 and made it clear the "win by five or six" thing wasn't going to happen, he needed to pull them back into more balance to preserve the three points. Or subbed out Johnson at right back, who had made so many runs forward he was useless at his primary job after 70 minutes. Then again, playing it safe would have left Liverpool right where they started, needing help; but winning out would at least have kept pressure on Man City.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Wow. As a fan of sports I feel bad for Liverpool fans right now.
    It has been a bad week for me..... as a Reds fan with injuries and Walt's continued inertia when it comes to making moves other than bringing back The Shark..... Liverpool, fan since 1977...... blow a lead like this against a team with not much offensive power..... and Atletico Madrid... all they have to do is draw and they pretty much can win at home against Malaga and win it...and now they have to at least draw against Barcelona on the road.

I love sports but I need to take breaks away from it sometimes....when everything starts going against the teams you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    and Atletico Madrid... all they have to do is draw and they pretty much can win at home against Malaga and win it...and now they have to at least draw against Barcelona on the road.
    Atletico's been given the gift of Diego Lopez in the league. In the games Iker Casillas has played for Real Madrid (Champions League and Copa del Rey), the team allows 0.45 goals per game. In the games Lopez plays, it rises to 0.89. Some of that is because Spain is a hellaciously tough league, but Madrid is probably sitting comfortably at the top of the table if Casillas plays in the net. If he'd just have played this weekend, the club could have avoided Lopez's brainfarts against Valencia and Atletico wouldn't be sitting on a theoretical (if Madrid wins tomorrow) two-point cushion.

Though it's hard to count points in Spain. Malaga's a quality side (despite having had a tough year), perfectly capable of taking points off Atletico. Madrid plays Valladolid, which is fighting desperately to escape relegation. Then it's got a solid Celta side (though its manager Luis Enrique was just caught having clandestine meetings with Barca's president) and it finishes with Espanyol, which gave Madrid a real good fight in the Copa. Twists and turns in the road are almost assured. Barca could even sneak back into the picture.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Another year in the books.

Congrats to the Citizens on their 2nd in 3 years.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Athletico just tied Malaga.

Real losing.
    Barca tied 0-0

If Athletico scores one more they win the title as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Atletico's been given the gift of Diego Lopez in the league. In the games Iker Casillas has played for Real Madrid (Champions League and Copa del Rey), the team allows 0.45 goals per game. In the games Lopez plays, it rises to 0.89. Some of that is because Spain is a hellaciously tough league, but Madrid is probably sitting comfortably at the top of the table if Casillas plays in the net. If he'd just have played this weekend, the club could have avoided Lopez's brainfarts against Valencia and Atletico wouldn't be sitting on a theoretical (if Madrid wins tomorrow) two-point cushion.

Though it's hard to count points in Spain. Malaga's a quality side (despite having had a tough year), perfectly capable of taking points off Atletico. Madrid plays Valladolid, which is fighting desperately to escape relegation. Then it's got a solid Celta side (though its manager Luis Enrique was just caught having clandestine meetings with Barca's president) and it finishes with Espanyol, which gave Madrid a real good fight in the Copa. Twists and turns in the road are almost assured. Barca could even sneak back into the picture.

What are your felling son Costa Already being linked to sign with Chelsea?

How is this allowed by FIFA? Team is going for 2 crowns and you allow any negotiations to go on?

I know you have to make your money as an injury can happen at any time but it is a D=Bag move by Costa and his agents.

Chelsea? They are the kings of D Bags to begin with.

Well this is just hilarious

How is this allowed by FIFA? Team is going for 2 crowns and you allow any negotiations to go on?

I know you have to make your money as an injury can happen at any time but it is a D=Bag move by Costa and his agents.

Oh, that happens all the time. You can't be angry about it. Mario Goetze had signed a deal with Bayern last year before he played in the Champions League final for Dortmund against Bayern. Rumor is it will work out to be Costa for El Nino and gigantic pile of money.
    Last edited by M2; 05-13-2014 at 11:56 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Haters gon hate.

Keep the Blue Flag Flying High.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Haters gon hate.

Keep the Blue Flag Flying High.
    Oh Please. Hating something that makes sense is not hating for the sake of hating. How about I dislike ANY TEAM who does this and how FIFA allows it.

Can you imagine this in baseball...... during the 2012 pennant run and Votto being signed by the Dodgers in the middle of August. Let's see the Love flow all over you on that.

Are you kidding me....

Johnson and Wynalda are TERRIBLE

Nothing is ever easy

As much as I enjoyed watching the EPL this season, it didn't offer anything close to the action in this match.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Lee Probert needs to be investigated after this. Straight up fixing this match

Turn Off Ads?