Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Cubs 8/14/13 -- A sweep day at Wrigley?

Re: Reds vs Cubs 8/14/13 -- A sweep day at Wrigley?

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    Back to cheering "for" the Cubs come the weekend vs. STL.
    We love you Cubs, we know you can do it!!!
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Logan left standing in the doorway yet again. *sigh*
    How about locking him in that one room with crazy grandma and throwing away the key?
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

4. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-14-2013)

Reds win! Great game in all aspects by the Reds today! Arroyo was.on top.of his game and nice to see Frazier step up.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

The Reds pitching since the all star game is 3.07. Subtract the two debacles to the Cards an it's at 2.13.

7. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-15-2013), Red Raindog (08-14-2013), Tom Servo (08-14-2013)

"So Fla Red"

Finally cracked the 15-over mark on the 5th or 6th try. Thank you Lovable Losers.

Now let's have the Pirates and Cards play another 14 inning one tonight with a couple of bench clearing brawls...

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    The Reds pitching since the all star game is 3.07. Subtract the two debacles to the Cards an it's at 2.13.
    Wow. That's insane. This team left many games on the board on the 5-6 WC trip, but is rolling now.

It's still been a disappointing season. And I'm not going to over react to sweeping the Cubs, even on the road. But having Ludwick on the field makes this a whole different ball Club. And BP is starting to hit. So I'm starting to develop a little optimism. Need to take the series in Milwaukee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    It's still been a disappointing season. And I'm not going to over react to sweeping the Cubs, even on the road. But having Ludwick on the field makes this a whole different ball Club. And BP is starting to hit. So I'm starting to develop a little optimism. Need to take the series in Milwaukee.
    It's really hard to figure this team has "turned the corner" when it's the Cubs and Padres. I'm going to the 3 games in St. Louis Aug 26-28, let's see how it looks after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    If someone told you that the Reds would be +16 on August 14 and on pace for 92 wins, would that really be disappointing? I know folks were hoping for 95-100 wins, but that's really not far off the pace.

It hasn't always 'felt' like it, but the Reds are having a good season nonetheless.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

13. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    It's really hard to figure this team has "turned the corner" when it's the Cubs and Padres. I'm going to the 3 games in St. Louis Aug 26-28, let's see how it looks after that.
    I guess you're ignoring the two wins against Oakland?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

"So Fla Red"

Nice to be able to ease Ludwick and Broxton back in over the last week with a 5-1 run against the Pads and Cubs.

I attribute the good fortune to my being in Cinci since the start of the Oakland series last week.

EMAW

What is the Reds win loss record in Chicago since 2010, it has to be ridiculous, Dusty loves Wrigley

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I guess you're ignoring the two wins against Oakland?
    No, I liked the wins against Oakland. But they don't feel like an "old nemesis" and a hurdle we need to get over, like the Cardinals. (Or even the Phillies or Giants, I guess I have playoff trauma). The last time we played Oakland in the playoffs, we swept them 4.

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    No, I liked the wins against Oakland. But they don't feel like an "old nemesis" and a hurdle we need to get over, like the Cardinals. (Or even the Phillies or Giants, I guess I have playoff trauma). The last time we played Oakland in the playoffs, we swept them 4.
    But when the conversation is whether the Reds have "turned a corner" why ignore beating a very good team in two straight games? I don't see what being a "nemesis" has anything to do with it. Winning is winning and beating a good team is not easy regardless of who it is.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    How about locking him in that one room with crazy grandma and throwing away the key?
    outside of 1 dinger and 1 poor outing against the Cards, Logan's been pretty darned good this month too.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Turn Off Ads?