Turn Off Ads?

Thread: End of September...

End of September...

Momentum right now is in the Reds favor. Reds are 7-3 so far this month. Cardinals are 6-6. Pirates are 5-6 this month. The schedule easing up a bit and getting Hanigan, Broxton and Ludwick back is all great timing.

Looking ahead, these are the last six series of the year:

3 vs. Cubs, 3 at Milwaukee, 3 at Houston, 3 at Pittsburgh, 3 vs Mets, 3 vs. Pittsburgh

That's an easy 18 games. If the Reds can keep their head above water the last half of August, I love our chances down the stretch. I think to begin the season, everyone figured the Reds would go on a tear at some point. September would be the absolute best time for that to happen, and the easy schedule the latter half of the month makes that entirely possible.

Either way, I'm feeling much more optimistic about this season than I was two weeks ago.

2. Likes:

CySeymour (08-14-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: End of September...

Good point, but they still need to stay pretty close in the mean time.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Reds have a 13 game stretch starting Aug 26th that may tell whether they are a division winner or a wild card. Starting then they play the Cards 7(3 road and 4 at home) times,the Dodgers and at the Rockies three times each. They need to do well in that stretch as well as beat up on the bad teams. They can't have a 3-10 record during that time and expect to win the division.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Reds have a 13 game stretch starting Aug 26th that may tell whether they are a division winner or a wild card. Starting then they play the Cards 7(3 road and 4 at home) times,the Dodgers and at the Rockies three times each. They need to do well in that stretch as well as beat up on the bad teams. They can't have a 3-10 record during that time and expect to win the division.
    I agree. Ideal situation would be for Cardinals sweep the Pirates the next two days, and then we manage to take at least four, preferably five from them over those seven.

Don't them to peak too early or burn out trying to get there, however. Just make the playoffs and *then* go on a roll...
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Momentum right now is in the Reds favor. Reds are 7-3 so far this month. Cardinals are 6-6. Pirates are 5-6 this month. The schedule easing up a bit and getting Hanigan, Broxton and Ludwick back is all great timing.

Looking ahead, these are the last six series of the year:

3 vs. Cubs, 3 at Milwaukee, 3 at Houston, 3 at Pittsburgh, 3 vs Mets, 3 vs. Pittsburgh

That's an easy 18 games. If the Reds can keep their head above water the last half of August, I love our chances down the stretch. I think to begin the season, everyone figured the Reds would go on a tear at some point. September would be the absolute best time for that to happen, and the easy schedule the latter half of the month makes that entirely possible.

Either way, I'm feeling much more optimistic about this season than I was two weeks ago.
    After September 10 the Cards don't have a single game remaining against a .500 or better team. They do have some road games, but their schedule is Milwaukee, Seattle, Colorado, Milwaukee, Washington, Chicago. Cards have the easiest schedule after September 10.

Pirates have a series at Texas September 9-11 and play six with the Reds. Otherwise relatively easy schedule, seven with Cubs, four with San Diego, in late September.

Reds have some relatively easy series too, but they do play the Bucs six.

So all three teams will have opportunities to do well late in September but IMO Cards have it the easiest after 9/10.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-14-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    After September 10 the Cards don't have a single game remaining against a .500 or better team. They do have some road games, but their schedule is Milwaukee, Seattle, Colorado, Milwaukee, Washington, Chicago. Cards have the easiest schedule after September 10.

Pirates have a series at Texas September 9-11 and play six with the Reds. Otherwise relatively easy schedule, seven with Cubs, four with San Diego, in late September.

Reds have some relatively easy series too, but they do play the Bucs six.

So all three teams will have opportunities to do well late in September but IMO Cards have it the easiest after 9/10.
    I'll be going to 1 of those Rangers Pirates game in full Red gear screaming go Rangers!

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-14-2013), TRF (08-14-2013)

I've been moving all week so I haven't been able to pay attention to baseball.

But whoa, last I checked we were 6 maybe 6 and a half out? And today we're only 3.5. That's insane. It's a real race again.

All those stats about "the Pirates would have to go x and x the rest of the way and the Reds would have to go 20 games over .500" or whatever, that all goes out the window now.

Just win.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Choo got it, dude.

13. Likes:

mth123 (08-14-2013)

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Awesome video man!!!:bray::arroyo:

Turn Off Ads?