Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delmon Young anyone?

Delmon Young anyone?

Apparently just got released. Pending why is he worth adding.

(I don't know his stats this year)
    Hey Homer! If you can put it together, you'll put the Reds over the top....think about it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Delmon Young anyone?

Do the Reds need a greeter or a doorstop then why not?

If they need a player then pass

lol no way

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Pass.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I'd take him for 2 years 10M. What say ye now?

Hamilton
    Suarez
    Votto
    Mesaroco
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Young
    Phillips
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    I'd take him for 2 years 10M. What say ye now?
    Drugs are bad...mmmm'kay?

Scoop him up in August for when we are starting our playoff run, then pinch hit him in the playoffs for the inevitable one big knock he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Drugs are bad...mmmm'kay?
    His .779 OPS was due to PEDs, is that what you are trying to say? I don't understand.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

wrong type of guy - I'd rather go with YRod and Lutz. I am serious. Delmon's been almost exactly at .300/.400 for years now. We have kids who could do that, maybe exceed it with at least the hope of tapping their ceiling. I want better than a .700 OPS in LF or just let the youngsters learn as they go. That's without the baggage stuff. Last years .779 was a mirage - look at his body of work for 5 years.
    "If this was a court of law, the cross examination would go after the credibility of the witness." Homer Bailey on Latos snarking on the team after his trade

Pass
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    His .779 OPS was due to PEDs, is that what you are trying to say? I don't understand.
    Oh, sorry, I just figured someone thinking 2 yrs/ $10 million for Delmon Young may be a good idea was up late experimenting with some heavy drugs.

13. Likes:

m21eagle45 (12-12-2014),RedlegJake (12-12-2014),westofyou (12-12-2014)

Lutz...I would pay Delmon Young almost any amount of money not to see Donald Lutz in LF...It would be nice if we set our sights higher than a AAAA 1B for LF. Hopefully Walt can do so as well, although I have to say he has not done so yet. Delmon Young is certainly better than what the Reds have, but probably not the answer...not sure Walt will actually look for the "answer" but it's nice to dream about having an actual middle of the order hitter that plays LF....The Reds seem satisfied with putting a team on the field that if everything goes perfectly and nobody gets hurt, then they can compete. Building beyond that, I have not seen any effort towards that. I expect some sort of mediocre "wish and a prayer" signing similar to the Ludwick signing for LF. Kinda surprised that in trading Latos they did not look for a young corner OF bat.

Bum

Well, Bum, Delmon certainly fits your wish and prayer scenario. I expect Morse or Aoki.
    "If this was a court of law, the cross examination would go after the credibility of the witness." Homer Bailey on Latos snarking on the team after his trade

I think Delmon Young has the defensive range of the Nuxhall statue in front of the ballpark.
    "When I began playing the game, baseball was about as gentlemanly as a kick in the crotch." - Ty Cobb

17. Likes:

RedlegJake (12-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Well, Bum, Delmon certainly fits your wish and prayer scenario. I expect Morse or Aoki.
    I agree...none of those guys are the "answer" as far as I see it. Not sure the "answer" is available via free agency. That's why I am kinda surprised they didn't use Latos for that purpose (even if it was a younger guy that could grow into that role).

Turn Off Ads?