Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football discussion thread #2

Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Art Briles
    Doubt he goes anywhere other then Texas, not a young guy.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Art Briles
    Charlie Strong
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Charlie Strong
    Slam dunk? I like Charlie, but I'm not sure about that.

Slam dunk? I like Charlie, but I'm not sure about that.
    You're probably right. It's almost too obvious. Charlie will probably shock the world and go to USC.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Saban's agent says he wouldn't leave Bama for any job but Texas. Says he feels a secial kind of pressure coaching at Bama.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...artner=ya5nbcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Saban's agent says he wouldn't leave Bama for any job but Texas. Says he feels a secial kind of pressure coaching at Bama.

Sounds like he's sending a message to the powers that be in Lubbock

How about those Ducks ?

http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Maybe they can get bama in the also ran bowl
    Go Gators!

Alabama would have crushed them. They are lucky they will be going to the Rose Bowl and play Ohio State or some other Big Ten team. They can beat them.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Alabama would have crushed them. They are lucky they will be going to the Rose Bowl and play Ohio State or some other Big Ten team. They can beat them.
    Ohio State really has the flavor of Notre Dame 2012-straw dogs. Maybe OSU will be lucky to get to play Oregon in the Rose Bowl.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

Texas is still a top job, but with all that has happened within the Big 12, I just wonder if it is just as good as it used to be?

The reason I say this is Texas A&M. With the Aggies messy divorce into the SEC, it has basically opened up the rich fertile recruiting from the state of Texas to SEC schools. Texas A&M and basically any of the SEC West schools can now offer the ability to play in the SEC and twice a year return home to the state of Texas to play in front of friends and family.

This isn't Urban Meyer going to Ohio State and being able to cherrypick the top talent in the Buckeye State. Saban will get his share of talent, but he is going to have to fight other Big 12 schools and Texas A&M to get it.

If Saban takes it, I'd think Kirby Smart would be the top choice for Alabama. If he doesn't Art Briles should be the top pick in Austin. If neither happen, they might as well stick with Mack Brown because there really isn't anybody better who would leave their current job.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Texas is still a top job, but with all that has happened within the Big 12, I just wonder if it is just as good as it used to be?

The reason I say this is Texas A&M. With the Aggies messy divorce into the SEC, it has basically opened up the rich fertile recruiting from the state of Texas to SEC schools. Texas A&M and basically any of the SEC West schools can now offer the ability to play in the SEC and twice a year return home to the state of Texas to play in front of friends and family.

This isn't Urban Meyer going to Ohio State and being able to cherrypick the top talent in the Buckeye State. Saban will get his share of talent, but he is going to have to fight other Big 12 schools and Texas A&M to get it.

If Saban takes it, I'd think Kirby Smart would be the top choice for Alabama. If he doesn't Art Briles should be the top pick in Austin. If neither happen, they might as well stick with Mack Brown because there really isn't anybody better who would leave their current job.
    I hear that Saban is in his early 60's and just wouldn't want to move alot around these parts.

But really? Someone would rather spend their late 60's in Tuscaloosa rather than Austin? Come on now. The guy is married. His wife isn't stupid.

Saban isn't dumb either. He can look at the B12 and see how he could easily be the top dog at Texas and dominate the conference.

He also has a history of leaving town just as the NCAA is arriving. That also might be a factor.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Chris Petersen may finally be ready to make a move. Boise State seems to have lost a bit of its former magic.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Ohio State really has the flavor of Notre Dame 2012-straw dogs. Maybe OSU will be lucky to get to play Oregon in the Rose Bowl.
    OSU has a much better offense than ND had last year. Worse defense, but that didn't seem to matter against Alabama last year because they scored easily on Notre Dame anyway. OSU would at least put up some points against Alabama, although they would likely still lose.

I also think that OSU matches up better against Stanford (which is who they would currently play in the Rose Bowl) than Oregon. OSU's strength on defense is in the D-line. Teams can pass on OSU, but they stop the run pretty well. That would force Hogan to beat them, which is obviously not what Stanford wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Notre Dame had 5 wins last year that were 7 points or less including 3 point wins against Purdue, BYU and OT against Pitt. Ohio State has one 7 point win against the best opponent on their schedule to date Wisconsin, every other win has been double digits. Outside of Mark May telling you so, what supports your theory that Ohio State has a 2012 Notre Dame feel to them?

Turn Off Ads?