Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1001

Thread: SEC Football discussion thread #2

  1. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    503

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Only two meanful SEC Picks:

    Miami over Florida
    South Carolina over Georgia


    My upset pick of the week is Western Kentucky over Tennessee
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,541

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    My upset pick of the week is Western Kentucky over Tennessee
    Really? Why so?

  4. #48
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,678

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Really? Why so?
    This is a big test for the Vols. It's one they should pass but it's not a given and in fact, it's one they have a danger of failing.

    Their next two games are on the road at Oregon and Florida. Then they get a breather against South Alabama before playing Georgia, SC and Bama. So it's safe to say that tomorrow is an absolute must win game for the Vols as it could mean the difference between bowl eligibility or the beginning of a really ugly downward spiral.

    On a side note, if Ohio State had the Vols' schedule, there is no way the Buckeyes would have an undefeated season.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  5. Likes:

    Sea Ray (09-07-2013)

  6. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    I think the Western/UT game will be a good one. You know Petrino's offense will put some points on the board, so UT's offense (which should have a decided advantage over the WKU defense) is going to need to have a good game to keep the Vols out of trouble.

  7. #50
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Manziel is a major jerk wad that is impossible to root for. That is all.
    Still not as big of a cheat as scam newton... FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  8. #51
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,678

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Once again the SEC shines in the early season with another marquee match up that has national championship implications and the attention of the nation. SC vs Georgia ought to be a real slobber knocker and the Georgia fanbase will implode if the Bulldogs lose again.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  9. #52
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,541

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Once again the SEC shines in the early season with another marquee match up that has national championship implications and the attention of the nation. SC vs Georgia ought to be a real slobber knocker and the Georgia fanbase will implode if the Bulldogs lose again.
    So true...and then people wonder why the SEC dominates in recruiting, positive press coverage and is in effect "overrated"...

  10. #53
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,678

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So true...and then people wonder why the SEC dominates in recruiting, positive press coverage and is in effect "overrated"...
    I think they dominate in recruiting because of location, location, location.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  11. #54
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,541

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I think they dominate in recruiting because of location, location, location.
    That doesn't hurt but if that was the primary driver, OSU would be considered a huge underdog this week.

  12. #55
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,678

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That doesn't hurt but if that was the primary driver, OSU would be considered a huge underdog this week.
    OSU isn't considered a huge underdog this week because they are the only shark in a fertile fishery...again...location, location, location.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  13. #56
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,541

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    OSU isn't considered a huge underdog this week because they are the only shark in a fertile fishery...again...location, location, location.
    But let's stick to location. Is the real estate more pricey in San Diego or Columbus? The higher the demand, the higher the price

  14. #57
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,678

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    But let's stick to location. Is the real estate more pricey in San Diego or Columbus? The higher the demand, the higher the price
    It's a simple argument. OSU has no real recruiting competition in Ohio. Likeise its tough for non-SEC programs to poach players from the SEC tv markets.

    SDSU? They get out competed for recruits in the high school district serving their faculty.

    You can appreciate the difference, right?
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  15. #58
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,678

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Only two meanful SEC Picks:

    Miami over Florida
    South Carolina over Georgia


    My upset pick of the week is Western Kentucky over Tennessee
    Dont think I have ever seen a team turn the ball over on 5 consecutive plays. The implosion was really a quick death in leui of an inevitable demise. After seeing the two teams on the same field, the Vols are better on offense, defense, and special teams.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  16. #59
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,541

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Dont think I have ever seen a team turn the ball over on 5 consecutive plays. The implosion was really a quick death in leui of an inevitable demise. After seeing the two teams on the same field, the Vols are better on offense, defense, and special teams.
    5 out of 6 plays... but who's counting?

    Too bad Tenn gave them life with that blocked punt but we'll see what happens in the 2nd half.

    Care to compare the Big Ten with the SEC? Do what I'm doing and flip back and forth between UC's game at Illinois and the UT game in Knoxville. The crowd in Champaign resembles what you'd find at Musiv Hall. The difference in enthusiasm is huge and palpable

  17. #60
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    5 out of 6 plays... but who's counting?

    Too bad Tenn gave them life with that blocked punt but we'll see what happens in the 2nd half.

    Care to compare the Big Ten with the SEC? Do what I'm doing and flip back and forth between UC's game at Illinois and the UT game in Knoxville. The crowd in Champaign resembles what you'd find at Musiv Hall. The difference in enthusiasm is huge and palpable
    I thought last week was rock bottom for Kentucky. It would be this week after watching Tennessee pick Petrino apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25