Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football discussion thread #2

Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

Gotta admit that i'm very excited about the Auburn/A&M game tomorrow.

This is an important yardstick game for the Tigers and a win on the road would completely cause a reevaluation of the potential for the Tiger season. This is a winnable game for the Tigers and that is something that didn't seem realistic in August. Playing in the pit that is Tiger stadium @ night and in a monsoon was too big for Auburn 4 weeks ago. Playing in Kyle field will probably cause some hearing loss and is a tall order, but the Tigers forced their will on LSU all second half of that game a month ago though and the Auburn QB situation is much stronger than it was just 4 weeks ago.

It's tough to see how the Aggies will stop the Tiger running game and I expect the passing game to be more effective than season stats would predict. The offense has been there in every game but execution in the passing game has probably cost the Tigers 14 pts a game (this is not hyperbole). The Tigers have gotten better every game and could've beaten Ole Miss by 20 with just a little better execution in the passing game. Their defense actually got more ferocious as the game went along despite 90 snaps.

It's also tough to see how the Tigers will stop Manziel.

Adding A&M to the SEC was a real coup. College Station is one of the great venues in college football. I can't believe that the Big 12 allowed the Aggies to leave.

This should be a fun game and there will be some offense.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

BTW, my prediction? Auburn wins 87 to 81 on a game winning field goal as time expires.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!

While it's up, webcam of Toomer's being rolled....

http://www.auburnalabama.org/cams/Toomers/Default.aspx
    Last edited by jojo; 10-19-2013 at 08:13 PM.

CBS got their monies worth today.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    CBS got their monies worth today.
    Yes. Some awesome games. Congrats to your guys. That game was a perfect example of why we watch college football. And we got to see what it might have looked like to Moses when the red sea parted on that game winning TD run...

http://ewallstreeter.com/post-images...-stiff-arm.jpg

Coats obliterated the cornerback in space.

Physicality is back in Auburn football. The Aggies had 9 guys in the box and Auburn jammed the ball down their throats on the game winning 80 yard TD drive.

The Aggies will still be feeling this game ten days from now.

Auburn football is back and sand mountain just collectively gulped.

Everybody in the conference is mediocre except Alabama.

Oh. And Kentucky. And Arkansas.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Everybody in the conference is mediocre except Alabama.

Oh. And Kentucky. And Arkansas.
    Between the NFL scooping up a large amount of very talented juniors last draft and just some crazy injury issues to key impact players across the SEC, I think the SEC is vulnerable to having the "streak" ended. Several traditional SEC powerhouses are surprisingly young.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!

While it's up, webcam of Toomer's being rolled....

http://www.auburnalabama.org/cams/Toomers/Default.aspx
    Auburn and Missouri have been huge surprises so far in the SEC. I was hoping Tenn could win one of those. It's looking like a long shot now. /congrats to Auburn for turning it around so quickly

I never expected, going into this season, that Missouri would be ranked 5th at anytime this year and I thought it was going to take them a while to get the recruits to play with big named SEC teams. They really did a good job in rebuilding their offensive weapons and their receiver corp might be the most talented in the SEC, if not the nation. I don't think they have a receiver under 6"4 and 230 pounds.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I never expected, going into this season, that Missouri would be ranked 5th at anytime this year and I thought it was going to take them a while to get the recruits to play with big named SEC teams. They really did a good job in rebuilding their offensive weapons and their receiver corp might be the most talented in the SEC, if not the nation. I don't think they have a receiver under 6"4 and 230 pounds.
    Also, apparently not missing a beat with Maty Mauck replacing the injured James Franklin at QB. They are a fun team to watch, that's for sure. I'd love to see them go undefeated.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Alright, I'm going to need to see some proof that Missouri is in the SEC. No really, are they actually even in SEC?
    I'd love to see the sec give the missy schools the boot, along with the mismatched Missouri.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Also, apparently not missing a beat with Maty Mauck replacing the injured James Franklin at QB. They are a fun team to watch, that's for sure. I'd love to see them go undefeated.
    Maty Mauck did ok for his first start but he will need to play a bit better if they are going to be South Carolina or Texas A&M. That said, he has a real quick release and a heck of an arm. He sort of reminds me of Chase Daniels but a slightly better version, which is scary to think. He should be a stud for Mizzou for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    At the time of my comment, the SEC season was 5 weeks old and Mizzou had yet to actually play an SEC team and I was chiding them for their schedule.

This season in the SEC seems to be the MO of the SEC over the last decade or so. One division is good and the other is lacking. Before Georgia was belittled by injuries they looked like one of the top teams in the country. But other than that, everyone else on that side of the SEC is lacking. South Carolina, Florida, and Georgia are all kinda blah this season. While the Western Division has IMO the top three teams in the conference in Bama, LSU, and A&M.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-21-2013)

Turn Off Ads?